100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider offering equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, merger and acquisitions advisory services, securitization, treasury management, market risk management, debt and equity research, and institutional sales and trading. BMO Capital Markets has approximately 2,700 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America.
The Equity Research department covers over 900 stocks across diverse sectors, and provides equity strategy, quantitative analysis and portfolio management services to our clients. We are currently searching for a research associate focusing on the Technology
sector in our Toronto, Ontario office. We will not review applications submitted via Easy Apply on LinkedIn. See below for instructions. Description
As an Equity Research Associate, the successful candidate will work closely with an analyst in support of providing insights and research on numerous companies across the technology sector. The work environment involves collaboration, co-ordination and a shared knowledge base with the analyst. The associate role requires excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative/versatile team player. Tasks include but are not limited to:
Experience/Skills Exceptional writing skills are essential .
- Creation and maintenance of detailed financial models
- Analysis of financial statements and press releases
- Daily writing of research reports and comments
- Compiling and analyzing relevant company and industry information, originating from a broad variety of sources (such as financial databases, industry publications and tradeshows/conferences)
- Communication of recommendations to internal and external clients
- Participation in site visits and management meetings
A combination of technical knowledge and skills in finance or accounting demonstrated through relevant work experience is required. Other necessary attributes include:
- A keen interest in Equity Research and in the technology sector
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, and strong attention to detail
- Superior work ethic, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to systematically manage a heavy workload and meet stringent deadlines
- Flexibility to work irregular or extended hours
- Solid technology skills with robust knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg
- A background in technology (academic or work experience) would be an asset but isn't required.
Candidates should have an MBA/M.Fin degree with excellent grades, or have an undergraduate degree in finance or accounting, with strong work experience. Candidates advancing towards the CFA and/or CA designations are preferred.
If you meet the qualifications outlined, please include a detailed cover letter
and one short writing sample
in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support