100 King Street West
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-domiciled financial services provider offering equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, merger and acquisitions advisory services, securitization, treasury management, market risk management, debt and equity research, and institutional sales and trading. BMO Capital Markets has approximately 2,700 professionals in 33 locations around the world.
The Equity Research department covers over 800 stocks across diverse sectors, and provides equity strategy, quantitative analysis and portfolio management services to our clients. Within this, we are currently searching for an associate for our Power & Utilities research team in our Toronto office. Description
As an Equity Research Associate, the successful candidate will work closely with an analyst in support of providing insights and research on numerous companies across the Energy Infrastructure spectrum. The work environment involves collaboration, co-ordination and a shared knowledge base with the analyst and rest of the team. The associate role requires excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative/versatile team player. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Daily writing of research reports and comments
- Analysis of financial statements and press releases
- Examination of industry databases and publications
- Completion of extraordinary information and data requests
- Creation and maintenance of detailed financial models
- Communication of recommendations to internal and external clients
- Participation in site visits and management meetings
A combination of exceptional writing skills, technical knowledge and skills in equity research, finance or accounting demonstrated through relevant work and educational experience is required. Prior industry experience in the Power & Utilities industry is not required but could be a benefit. Candidates must have a clear and proven track record of achievement throughout their education and career. Other necessary attributes include:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in Equity Research
- A positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn quickly and strong attention to detail
- Superior work ethic, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to systematically manage a heavy work load and meet stringent deadlines
- Flexibility to work irregular or extended hours
- Solid technology skills with robust knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg
Candidates should have 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in a related field of study. MBA, CPA/CA and/or CFA certification is preferred.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support