100 King Street West
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
Conducts research and analyses to provide investment insight, commentary, recommendations and strategy for retail, institutional, corporate, and government clients. Research includes debt, economics, equity and fixed income research. Provides analyses and forecasts of the Canadian, United States and international financial markets and global economy.
- Specializes within a sector.
- Responds to client/sales queries.
- Understands the needs of clients and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of industry events such as new regulation, technological innovation, etc. and be capable of flagging new information.
- Develops a network of contacts within a sector.
- Delivers an outstanding client experience as it pertains to the industry group.
- Develops recommendations based on an understanding of the coverage universe and stakeholder needs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Conducts financial analysis of industry groups and individual securities including valuation and analysis of financial statements and press releases.
- Examines financial reports, organizes data and collects material.
- Presents and summarizes data in formats such as table, graphs, or maps.
- Develops financial models to project the future performance of the company for use as a basis for sophisticated valuations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts/analyses to extract insights and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial analyses to support client deliverables.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Provides feedback on and supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- As required, assists with conferences and field trips.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Conducts primary research using electronic databases, industry overviews, surveys, and other methods.
- Performs extensive industry and company analysis, data sourcing, creates and maintains models.
- Creates company and industry reports and notes on relevant investment themes and events that are company specific and/or industry specific.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA, CPA and/or CFA certification.
- U.S. only: Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses are a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word - Advanced.
- Understanding of securities analysis - In-depth.
- Knowledge of sector industry preferred.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support