Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is looking for a Junior Environmental Field Technician/Technologist ready to join our growing St. Catharines, ON office.
You will be trained as the lead field technician/technologist under the mentorship and supervision of experienced technical staff. The successful candidate will travel throughout Ontario conducting field work related to groundwater, surface water, wastewater, soil and air monitoring. The candidate will be self-motivated, enjoy working as part of a team and demonstrate strong time management and communication skills.
• Implementing field programs in accordance with GHD Standard Operating Procedures and Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks Guidance on Sampling and Analytical Methods for Use at Contaminated Sites in Ontario
• Engaging in GHD’s health and safety program during all field and office activities
• Collecting, handling and shipping samples of various environmental media
• Maintaining excellent field notes that are accurate and thorough
• Compiling field and analytical data and assisting staff with technical reporting
• Supervising subcontractors for ground disturbance, utility location, surveying, drilling, monitoring well installation and test pit excavations
• Troubleshooting field problems independently and with the support of the project team in order to complete field activities on time and within budget
• Maintaining a stocked and tidy field equipment room and ensuring that the field truck is routinely maintained.
• Ensuring field equipment is maintained and calibrated to meet operational and ISO requirements
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Graduate from an Environmental Technician/Technology Program or equivalent
• Strong awareness of health, environment and safety while in the field and in the office
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with little supervision
• Must be willing to work in variable climatic conditions and be willing to travel to remote locations and work away from home
• Willingness to work overtime when required
• Attention to detail and accuracy of field notes and field methodology
• A valid driver’s license
• Previous experience with environmental media sampling is an asset
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
#35 - Klue - Culture of Understanding, Trust, & Work-Life Balance