WSP is seeking a qualified Landfill Engineer to join our Ottawa or Barrie Waste Team. The position will help deliver existing projects. The WSP Waste team consists of a dynamic team of environmental, civil and geologic engineers and engineers in training, and environmental technicians with strong technical skills and existing client relationships. You will have the opportunity to manage and contribute to a variety of exciting waste management -related projects of varying size and complexity, along with the potential for exposure to projects in other areas of Earth & Environment, including hydrogeology.Description
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from ecologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
...Why join our team?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-Responsibilities
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A proudly Canadian success story - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, our contributions are woven into the fabric of Canada.
- Joining our WSP team brings opportunity:
- We are a well-established global company, with an enviable client list and significant technical resources. As a result of our un-rivaled size and technical expertise, an outstanding variety of career opportunities are available to our staff throughout their careers.
- Our projects enhance the world around us - you will have an opportunity to make a real difference in your community and beyond. We're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- The combined forces of WSP and Golder have a strong reputation forclient focused technical excellence around the world; you will have an opportunity to work on very technically challenging projects, both in your backyard and across the globe.
- You will be joining an experienced team, with a commitment to technical mentoring and professional development. In joining WSP, your career will be filled with opportunities to learn from our experts in a variety of disciplines.
- You will be part of a phenomenal culture of collaboration, joined by genuinely good people with a passion for making a difference. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- You'll manage and support projects related to landfill engineering, including compliance monitoring, permitting, design, construction QA/QC, landfill gas and hydrogeologic studies. You'll have exposure to:
- Hydrogeologic and hydrologic monitoring and assessments;
- Landfill gas monitoring and assessments;
- Preparation of annual compliance monitoring reports;
- Financial assurance for waste management (landfill, transfer, processing) sites;
- Waste planning for smaller rural communities;
- Environmental assessments of landfill expansion;
- Environmental compliance approvals for new or changing waste management (landfill, transfer, processing, shipping) sites;
- Preparation of other reports supporting permit applications;
- Conducting hydrogeologic and landfill gas models like POLLUTE, HELP and LandGEM;
- Completing landfill design and volume calculations;
- Construction QA/QC;
- Technical and financial proposal preparation; and,
- Project management.
- You'll prepare high quality reports and accurately analyze and interpret analytical dta.
- You'll prepare technical and financial proposals for both internal and external clients.
- You'll provide excellent client management support.
- You'll collaborate with other disciplines within WSP with respect to multi-faceted/multi-disciplinary projects.
- You'll have completed a post-secondary degree in environmental, geological or civil engineering.
- You'll have previous experience in a related discipline.
- You will ideally have previous experience successfully managing some of the similar types of projects noted above.
- You are a licensed P.Eng. or working toward a P.Eng.
- You are self-motivated, energetic and well organized, with a demonstrated keen attention to detail.
- You are comfortable interacting with clients, contractors, other internal project managers, and the public.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- You're able to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities.
- Previous experience in consulting would be an asset.
- You have a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage and hold a valid "G-Level" Ontario Driver's License.