All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
Enterprise Protect directs and supports TD Bank in the protection of its information assets through the implementation of appropriate information security policies, standards and procedures and provides the enterprise with integrated security technologies, strategies, services, and solutions.
The successful candidate would be working in the following department: Business Information Security Officer (BISO):
The BISO Team enforces the Enterprise Protect & Office of the CISO policy for technology requirements and the risk and control framework. The BISO is responsible for all realms of risk management including but not limited to Business Technology Risk Assessments and Control Gap Assessments on portfolios of applications, Technology Risk oversight on projects, managing Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) at the segment level. The BISO role interfaces with Business and Technology to drive adherence to the TD Technology Risk Polices and Standards and acts as the first line of defense in TD's risk framework. Requirements
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Information Security, Computer Science, Business Technology Management, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, or Technology Sciences
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong analytical skills
- Application development exposure - SLDC processes
- Strong technical skills related to hardware and software and networking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- Self-driven, organized and able to prioritize work, recognizing when it's important to seek help when faced with competing tasks and adapt quickly to feedback
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail
- Experience with technical documentation e.g. risk reviews, audit briefs
- Skills that are not required, but would be an asset (specific technical, and other skills)
- Knowledge of Security Architecture methodologies (SABSA, TOGAF)
- Practical experience writing technical documentation
- Macros and scripting skills
- Know the concepts of Windows and Unix/Linux user administration
- Familiarity with MS Visio or other Architecture modeling tools
- Development experience or working knowledge with one or more of the following languages: .Net, C#, Java, PHP, Objective-C, SQL, SOAP, REST, custom API is a plus for individuals applying for this role
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.