Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Engineering
covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone armed with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You'll also provide technical expertise with a focus on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions in compliance with enterprise and industry standards. At TD, we hope you'll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Apply your deep technology expertise to ensure that all areas across the organization that touch various technologies have the necessary tools, processes and documentation they need to operate effectively.
- Execute on TD Technology's engineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configuration across application, platforms and infrastructure.
- Partner with Operations to automatically integrate with appropriate tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or Infrastructure releases.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas.
- Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services.
- Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
- Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools.
- Develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third-party contracts/agreements.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, IT or related fields
- 8+ years of software development experience including architecting, designing and coding
- Strong expertise in API development and integration (RESTful and SOAP web services, JSON/XML)
- Strong experience in DevOps pipeline, CI/CD and related tools
- Expert in agile practices for software development
- Sound knowledge of Windows and Linux environment
- Sound knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database
- Strong Knowledge of modern digital architecture (cloud, containers, messaging and microservices).
- Experience working in the information security field is a plus
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.