Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD Engineering
covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
The Security Engineering Data Protection team is responsible for POC, design, build, implementation, automation and L3 support of security tools that provide vulnerability, forensic and compliance technologies in the Security space. This will entail completion of low level design, build, and preparation/documentation for hand over to support and the second time build teams.
This role will provide expert knowledge of security engineering for "hands on" for the proposal, design, build, automation, implementation and L3 of various endpoint protection technologies. The candidate will possess excellent subject matter expertise over a wide variety of security technologies and collaborate with other engineering teams. The Engineer must be up to date with the latest security technologies and architecture. The Engineer ideally has international experience in the security space.
This role will be responsible for solutions in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Qualys Vulnerability management
- Encase Endpoint Investigator
- Guardium database activity monitoring
The successful candidate must have demonstrated expert ability to architect, engineer, design, build, support and document solutions in these areas of Security Engineering working closely with Business, other Security Engineering teams and the wider Engineering teams to ensure built solutions enhance productivity and add business value. Requirements Technical Requirements
It is expected that the Senior Engineer will have expert knowledge in a wide range of Security technologies, frameworks, tools, processes and procedures. This role is looking for people with skills in as many of the below technology areas as possible:
- Able to integrate Qualys with Service now, Azure and API connecters etc.
- Expert proficiency with Qualys
- Working knowledge or experience with Encase endpoint investigator
- Experience with Security as it applies to Cloud Solutions in Highly Virtualized Environments.
- Strong knowledge of Win Server 2016/2019 and/or RHEL/Unix
- Nice to have skills: in scripting in at least one language (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Understanding of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication mechanisms, and networking protocols including SMTP, HTTP(s), DNS, TCP/IP, and SNMP as they pertain to security solutions.
This role plays a critical role for the Security Engineering Organization in the proposal, design, build, automation, implementation and L3 support of security infrastructure and tools. This includes interacting with Engineering teams, multiple lines of Business, Infrastructure teams, Application Development, Support, Vendors and Service Providers. The successful candidate must demonstrate an exceptional record of competence and a strong ability to communicate with other engineers, technology and business partners. Job Requirements include:
- Work autonomously on high profile, complex and/or high risk technology initiatives with significant impact to the organization
- Expertise in assessing and selecting security tools and solutions that best meet the stated Security need at the Bank
- Extensive related work experience in building complex Security Engineering Infrastructure solutions with the ability to be a key contributor in a complex and critical environment.
- Experience with security regulatory / compliance requirements including PCI and SOX
- Experience in creating high level and technical presentations and communication skills to explain the approach to a varying audience
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel both internally and externally; e.g. leadership, executives, clients, vendors, and agencies.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Adapts to new different or changing requirements, quickly grasps new concepts adapts and reflects on lessons learned - comfortable with ambiguity, analyzes and evaluates, defines problem/challenge, identifies alternatives and makes timely decisions
- Work closely & collaboratively with Internal Engineering, Deployment & Operations teams to drive design adoption across IT
- Proven ability to leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and help align others to that vision.
- Attention to detail and follow through including the ability to document work.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to fellow team members.
- Ability to make engineering design decisions, efficiently build solutions, solves technical problems, and makes improvements to our systems.
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
Education and Accreditation:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- University, post-graduate degree or 5+ years experience
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
- Certification in one or more of CISSP
- The ability to be adaptable and learn new things is critical to this role as we will frequently be called to design, build and automate technology not currently in TD Bank.
- Highly motivated individual with a track record of successfully implementing security solutions across line of business boundaries.
- Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Excellent customer service orientation and a professional approach; including ability to interact with all levels across the organization.
- Proven negotiation and influencing abilities, with contract/vendor management experience an asset.
- Strong communicator, with excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.