Electronics Product Tester Geek Squad
Reference ID: 828444
Maintenance and Technicians
Product Testers are responsible for testing product to accurately determine whether a unit is defective or operational, and to physically and electronically disposition the unit to the next logical destination. This may include, but is not limited to the removal of stored customer information and the restoration of the unit to saleable condition. Product Testers are also responsible for assisting with other technical service duties as necessary. This incumbent will have material handling responsibilities and other accountabilities or projects as assigned or required.
• Testing electronic product to accurately determine whether a unit is defective or operational
• Physically and electronically disposition the unit to the next logical destination
• Assisting with other technical service duties as necessary
• Material handling responsibilities and other accountabilities or projects as assigned or required
All requirements are based on plus years of experience and include, but are not limited to the following:
• Minimum 6 months experience working in a service centre or similar environment
• Minimum 6 months experience testing electronics
• Experience testing and/or repairing cell phones considered an asset
• Thorough knowledge of privacy compliance (PIPEDIA) and processes
• Knowledge of cell phone testing, repairing and refurbishment for all major brands, including Apple, Blackberry/RIM & Samsung.
• Experience testing and wiping used games
• Computer Applications: Windows Control software and internet browser, Microsoft Office, SMARTS Deal Tree is an asset
• Proven ability to work well under pressure; strong attention to detail; and enjoy repetitive tasks
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
• Required to perform material handling duties (up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis)
• Grade 12 or equivalent (A combination of relevant education, training and experience Consumer Electronics Diploma or Computer Studies preferred in Electronics)
Best Buy Canada is one of the largest Omni-channel retailers of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, related accessories, and services in Canada.
Our 1,000,000-square-foot Brampton Distribution Service Centre services 94 Best Buy stores, 30 Best Buy Mobile, 10 Express, & Ecommerce across Eastern Canada. Divided into two sides Geek Squad City and Services -- we move inventory between our vendors and stores, and repair products we carry in store. With over 322 Associates, 50 Lane Sortation System, and 120 pieces of machinery, our Brampton DSC is well-equipped to process all inventory for Eastern Canada.
Located in Brampton, Ontario our Distribution Service Centre boasts an unbeatable atmosphere with two on-site cafeteria stocked with video game consoles, a foosball table, pin-pong table, and various vending machines. Nearby, there are popular restaurants, a mall, banks, and grocery stores, putting you in a hub of activity.
Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy Enterprise is a multinational retailer of technology, entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are a truly global company with approximately 140,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates billions of dollars in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video; and Pacific Sales.
Posted: August 18, 2018
Closes: October 10, 2018