WSP is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical - Transportation Department, located at our York Street office to be focused in Lighting design. Reporting to the Lighting Manager, this position will be responsible to review the electrical requirement for design, calculation, installation details, technical specifications, Code and Standards for Lighting projects. AutoCAD / Revit software are essential, MicroStation experience is an asset. Must be experienced in delivering contract documents including but not limited to: permit / tender / post-tender services, shop drawings, RFI's, etc. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Electrical design of Lighting Systems, Lighting Control, Circuiting, Emergency Exit, Signage Lighting, and Artistic Lighting for land; air, and water transportation projects including but not limited to GO Metrolinx, TTC, YRT, CN, CP, GTAA, etc.
- Experienced with commercial, institutional, healthcare, heritage, educational and industrial projects on the above listed system design;
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering requirements for Building and Site design;
- Review and seal Lighting design for building permit and construction;
- Attend the coordination meetings for Lighting Design;
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination with other disciplines;
- Perform individually and as a team member within the lighting discipline;
- Prepare and review AutoCAD, Revit 3D, BIM360 models for all electrical systems as mentioned above;
- Some knowledge of project management including: reporting, financials, and resourcing to help with Project Managers, Senior Lighting Designers, and Lighting Manager;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and registered P.Eng. with PEO;
- 4+ years of direct experience with electrical design for Lighting systems in transportation, commercial, institutional, healthcare, heritage, educational and industrial projects;
- Perform power distribution for lighting, lighting control and zoning, control Sequence Of Operation (SOO), circuiting, emergency lighting, and art lighting;
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and meet the deadlines;
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, applicable codes and standards such as OBC, IESNA, IEEE, CSA, NFPA, OESC, and ASHRAE;
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Detail oriented, organized, hard worker, and team player attitude;
- Thorough familiarity with software used in lighting such as AGi32;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.