WSP is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer
to join our Buildings Business Unit, located at our Thornhill office (100 Commerce Valley Drive).
Reporting to the Manager of the Healthcare Sector in the Mechanical and Electrical Business Line, this is an exciting career opportunity for the right individual with the skills as senior technical personnel.
WSP's Buildings' team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, hospitality, environmental infrastructure, recreational and light industrial facilities. This position is focused on healthcare related projects, however, will be exposed to other sectors of the M&E business as required.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Electrical design, calculations and preparation of specifications of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems;
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings and Revit 3D modeling for all electrical system designs as mentioned above;
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering requirement, Ontario Building Code (OBC), Electrical Safety Authority, and IEEE standards for Building and Site design;
- Perform individually or as a team member with electrical discipline and under direct supervision of Senior Engineers;
- Basic understanding of project management is a plus;
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering;
- Licensed with PEO;
- 6-10 years of experience
- Experience in Healthcare and central plant projects is a huge asset
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is a must;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Detail oriented, Organized, Hard worker, and Team Player attitude;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with software used for engineering studies - arc flash, load, fault and coordination studies, lighting, grounding, etc. is an asset;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.