is currently seeking an Electrical Designer with proficiency with REVIT MEP for 3D modelling, to join the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project located in our Downtown Ottawa office. A key member of the Mechanical and Electrical Team reporting to the Mechanical and Electrical Team Lead, this person will be a team player in an evolving team, responsible for developing the design of electrical building systems through to completion of the design packages.Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with Engineers and Designers to model and coordinate the various electrical systems in REVIT, including low voltage distribution, telecommunications, security, multi-media, fire alarm and EVAC and lighting and lighting control systems.
- Undertake basic design calculations and prepare details for the various systems from design development through to construction documents stages of the project.
- Minimum 2 years electrical engineering and design experience using REVIT MEP 3D on building projects.
- Eligible for and working towards either P.Eng., or C.E.T. designations in Ontario
- Must be eligible to attain reliability level security clearance as a minimum, and secret clearance would be an asset
- Design knowledge of LV distribution, fire alarm systems, lighting and control and passive telecommunications.
- Experience working in different delivery models - i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is desirable.
- Knowledge of National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Basic knowledge of LEED v4.0, ASHRAE and CSA/ULC standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.