All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program,
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
We are looking for Events & Communications Co-op/Interns
that will be accountable for supporting communications and planning initiatives for Enterprise Data & Analytics. The analytics and data science teams across the bank are responsible for transforming TD into a data-driven organization. We are looking for someone who will be an ambitious and dedicated contributor to our teams. Not only is this an opportunity for promising career growth, but meaningful work awaits both on business and technology fronts.
The Events & Communications Co-op/Intern
will perform a variety of activities, which may include:
Requirements Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Assisting with executing communication plans, tactics, and ongoing activities.
- Collaboration on the 2021 engagement strategy execution - including support on coordination, promotion, registration, tracking, and other communication or logistical support of events for the D&A community (i.e. spotlights, workshops, summits, info sessions, etc.)
- Key support on the monthly D&A Community newsletter, including editorial planning, content generation, layout, and distribution support
- Supporting communications and event planning for the ED&A team, including town halls, key milestone events, reward & recognition programs and events, employee engagement initiatives, and ad-hoc meetings.
- Providing creative design and writing support for communications pieces such as newsletters, PowerPoint decks, branded emails, online articles, etc.
- Tracking communications projects and metrics.
- Addressing ad-hoc requests and process improvement opportunities.
- Currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary program, majoring in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to develop materials that will make an impact at TD.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines.
- Previous events experience.
- Strong skills in MS Office, preparing presentations, web publications, internal and external social media.
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting.The following would be an asset, but not required:
Additional Information Early Talent Requirements
- Advanced PowerPoint experience; someone who can take a concept and illustrate it on paper.
- Experience with graphic design, photo editing and video production.
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.