WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.The Opportunity:
WSP is seeking an Earned Value Specialist to support our Construction & Remediation Operations in Chalk River, ON.?
This opportunity is to join the WSP team responsible for the execution of the Near Surface Disposal (NSDF) Project in Chalk River. The NSDF project, following regulatory approval, represents a 5-year build of the low-level waste repository in Chalk River, with an estimated capital cost of more than $500M. WSPs Resilient Environments business has a long and successful history of delivering innovative solutions, and they have a solid reputation in the industry. There are growth and development opportunities within the organization for the right candidate.
Please note that this opportunity is based at the project location in Chalk River, Ontario. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Collaborate with various members of the project team, construction team, management, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Review and understand all project and contract material.
- Manage the collection and organization of project cost data.
- Manage project forecasting, project baseline and progress schedules, with input from project team.
- Draft and implement Project Controls Plan(s) as needed.
- Analyze Earned Value (EV) trends and produce regular forecasts of EV performance and issues for Project Manager review.
- Help with maintenance of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) program baseline and performance analysis.
- Act as a liaison with both the Client Project Control team and subcontractor personnel.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the various business systems utilized across the business - BST, Web Now, etc.
- Review, understand, and report on schedule performance variances and impacts to earned value.
- Assist in developing and implementing production tracking tools for timely and relevant analysis and forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics or related field of study.
- Five (5) years of experience in project controls and earned value, supporting the construction industry.
- Excellent communication, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the following technical areas, Earned Value Management, Construction sequencing and Contractual liabilities and obligations and their impact on execution strategy.
- Solid experience executing planning activities in accordance with current policies and procedures with working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Strong experience utilizing an EV engine such as Ares Prism or Cobra. EV software experience would be an asset.
- Technical understanding to communicate with Lead Planner, Controls Manager, or client delegates as appropriate.
- Ability to use analytical tools to systematically break a complex problem into its components, considering all inter-related variables and draw out meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to simplify the complex in order to communicate findings.
- Ability to compile detailed reports in narrative, graphical and tabular format, ensures that end of project statistics and client reports are provided in a timely, concise, and accurate manner.
- Landfill/Remediation/Civil/Water Treatment construction experience would be an asset.
- Eligible for Reliability security clearance (individual must have 3 full years of verifiable history in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand and/or Australia).
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive