100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
MUST HAVE: Experience writing technical based communications gained in a large Technology-based organization; strong understanding of technical terminology and proven experience writing technical content
BMO has anchored its future ambition on the use of data and analytics across the Bank. In their current mandate, the Data and Analytics team (DnA), under the leadership of the Enterprise Chief Data and Analytics Officer is accountable for developing the broader strategy for data and analytics along with capabilities in support of the efforts of the bank.Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Communications for Data & Analytics, the Communications Manager will help deliver creative and innovative communications solutions that effectively support and address communication needs. Is an excellent writer and communicator who has a proven track record turning ideas into strong narratives. Has the ability to take technical and complex information and distill it to key messages that make sense for the audience. A great storyteller who is detailed-oriented, resourceful and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to executives and various stakeholders.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and brings strategic, professional communications counsel, planning and direction to leaders on effective ways to communicate (e.g. message development, vehicle selection, etc.), and on implementation of solutions.
- Recommends, develops and executes creative and integrated communication plans and solutions based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs, and in alignment with an overarching communication strategy.
- Proactively collaborates with various partners across the bank in the design, development and implementation of communication solutions.
- Leads or participates in defining communication plans designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Leads planning, development and execution of events and town halls.
- Reviews material to ensure it complies with relevant quality standards, including translation requirements.
- Coordinates, distributes and publishes communication solutions.
- Measures and sustains communications solutions impacting the target employee audience. Gathers feedback and continually evaluates the effectiveness of communication content and the vehicles/platforms/tools/technology (e.g. Intranet, Portal, events, townhalls, etc.).
- Recommends improvements, changes, additions or deletions of communication content and the vehicles/platforms/tools/technology as necessary, and coordinates with partners to ensure content is up-to date and relevant.
- Remains alert to new trends, tools and methods of communication, and makes recommendations on their application.
- Stays up to date on company and industry trends by forming and fostering relationships with employees across the company, so as to identify newsworthy items for communication and dissemination.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Actively looks for opportunities for continuous improvement of communications processes and procedures, and participates/leads communications continuous improvement initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities and minimal oversight.
- Good judgement and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of internal partners at all levels, and displays confidence in providing counsel and strategic recommendations.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience writing technical summaries / presentation for executive meetings
- Strong understanding of technology concepts and ability to write technical-based content for Senior Technical Leaders
- Writing & editing skills - In-depth.
- Uses a creative, story-telling approach for communications.
- Ability to take technical and complex information and distill it to key messages that make sense for the audience (technical or non-technical).
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Management and Executive