243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? Primary Responsibilities
- Develops and communicates a common year plan to establish financial targets and provide a str ong strategic direction for each store in the region.
- Liaises closely with Associates and store management to provide coaching and guidance, develop day to day operations, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Performs regula r store visitations to monitor the implementation and execution of strategic plans, including marketing and merchandising, adherence to operational standards and identifies opportunities to improve performance.
- Analyzes sales and financial data and P&L sta tements to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure the Associates are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improve ment.
Skills, Experience & Education Skills
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement corporate initiatives efficiently.
- Develops and communicates operational methodologies and best working practices to improve customer service, visual merchandising and process improveme nts.
- Communicates regularly with Associates and store management to resolve issues or concerns promptly, coordinate between stores and corporate departments and provide recommendations as required.
- Identifies potential new talent and assists in interviewing, hiring and training of new staff to develop a competent staff and assist Associates with succession planning.
This position requires an advanced level of i nitiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Manages a function or unit by focusing on achievement of objectives.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions b y using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and priori tize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in oneonone or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility wi th editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative t o operational improvement, strategic planning and business growth.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
Greater than seven years, but less than or equal to te n years of business/retail or equivalent experience. Education
Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business/Merchandising or equivalent. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.