All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program,
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
Reporting to Manager, Geospatial Analytics, Distribution & Geospatial Intelligence, Personal Banking Data & Analytics, the successful candidate will:
- Support with the execution and tracking of the Retail Branch Transformation Plan developed by Network Strategy.
- Participate in the development of robust distribution & data models to identify priority markets for growth and optimization opportunities across the nation.
- Support strategic business development by analyzing and presenting customer data, census data, Canadian wealth data, different segmentation systems and competitor location data to better understand who our customers are, if they are properly serviced and where new customers potentially exist
- Understand the application and business implications of the use of statistical and geographic information system (GIS) software, to process large amounts of data that produce results describing the current retail banking landscape for our existing and potential future branches.
- Develop multi-dimensional analytics and transform into simplified executive ready reports leveraging existing definitions/metrics, as well as new analytics being introduced into the organization to help solve key business problems and work towards the best analytical approach to address them.
- Working knowledge of geographic information systems (particularly ArcGIS) that include data conversion into different formats, data cleaning and normalization
- Experience with spatial databases and/or ETL applications; preferably with knowledge of at least one application commonly used in the market (e.g., MS SQL, PostgreSQL, ESRI FGDB, Alteryx, Knime, SSIS, FME, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Suite of applications
- Customer focused, with a strong understanding of customer needs and experiences across all of TD's channels.
- Team player who is comfortable with working in a dynamic fast-paced work environment and with an evolving mandate.
- Robust conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with basic understanding of multi-criteria decision-making analytics, descriptive and inferential statistics that are essential in turning geographic and related data into useful insights for decision makers
- The ability to develop, impact, and execute on key strategic priorities.
- Strong knowledge of customer, branch, and channel centric metrics/performance indicators and reporting systems within TD.
- Clear understanding of the retail environment, products, services, systems, and operations, as well as a good understanding of the environment within other TDCT businesses
- Possess the ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into key and concise messages for the senior leadership team.
- Proactively mitigate business risk and managing expectations.
- Works efficiently and has solid organizational skills/time management, and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities/initiatives.
- Candidate for Bachelor or post-graduate university education in Geomatics/Geographic Analysis, Big Data Analytics, Retail Studies, Urban Planning, Business, Economics, Math or Statistics with the intent of going back to school as of the start of your work term
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.