Requisition ID: 100970
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team:
The Global Systems Reliability team interfaces with Senior management, infrastructure, IT Operation, and business partners to continuously improve the stability, reliability and efficiency of our Global systems through Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) based principles and practices that will include continuous people, process and technology (automating all the things) enhancements in support of our rapidly changing technology product portfolio.The Role:
You will work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a contributor in all significant engineering service or solution delivered to the Global Systems Reliability Office and stakeholders. You will also have an understanding 'what could go wrong', help to solve complex problems and have a flare for communicating and participating in discussions with technical and business partners. You will work directly with our Software Engineering teams to both maintain and operate our existing technology and build our next generation of technologies.Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Work in collaboration with the Global System Reliability Engineering team as well as with software development, Quality, Product and Data Engineering teams to Champion SRE/ DevOps culture and practices
- Lead and collaborate with a team of Reliability Engineers (directly and through local and global communities of practice)
- Working closely with software development, Quality, Product and Data Engineering teams as a Champion of SRE/ DevOps culture and practices
- Working closely with global and regional architecture boards, champion the definition and implementation of resilience policies for new and existing solutions
- Lead management of Service Level Objectives with senior development and business leads
- Lead initiatives to continuously refine our build, plan and deploy practices for improved stability, reliability, efficiency, repeatability and security. You'll create plans, collaborate with other SROs and DevOps team members - coordinating activity with development and business leads to increase service levels, lower costs, and support delivery velocity objectives
- Working closely with Development and operations teams to lead troubleshooting of our most severe incidents - leading senior stakeholder communication, driving problem-solving (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests) and debugging with best practice techniques
- Leading continuous improvement and execution of quality and timely major incident root cause analysis and blameless postmortem activities to ensure we take action to avoid similar problems in the future
- Lead prioritization of reliability features and contribute to the design, development and delivery of effective tooling, alerts, and automated responses to identify and address reliability risks
What's in it for you?
- 10+ years' experience in IT with at least 3 years' in architecture (5+ preferred)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Cert. in ITSM with Professional experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow, a plus)
- Strong understanding of SRE and service management principles
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written). The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential
- 2-3 years professional programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java
- Advanced experience with GCP/Azure/AWS.
- Understanding of serverless architecture (Lamda) and IaaS
- Deep understanding of containerization using Docker or similar
- Spanish language skills is an asset
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Developer, Management, Engineering, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive