Requisition ID: 152344
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Global Risk Management team is a crucial part of the Global Banking & Markets Engineering Line of Business. This is an opportunity to work in the exciting world of Capital markets We are looking for a Director of Risk Modeling Technology
to support Risk Models and Analytics Implementations across our Global Risk Management (GRM) function to align current and future priorities.This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office and from home with the details to be determined based on business needs. The Role
You and your team will engage with critical business leaders in GRM to build, support, and enable strategic roadmaps in alignment with the bank's technology strategy and in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. Responsibilities
- Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, and delivery of high availability & reliability applications which utilized different technology stacks
- Deliver strategic technology thought leadership in execution of GRM strategy and objectives within a customer focused culture, maintaining close partnership with GRM leaders to identify, understand, and prioritize needed capabilities.
- Set and enable strategic priorities for Global Data & Analytics architecture of tools, technology, and accelerators to enable and elevate the end-to-end risk model management life cycle and self-serve modeling and analytics capabilities.
- Partner closely with business team members in Retail Models & Analytics, Internal Ratings Management, and Enterprise Stress Testing to ensure their needs are supported across global business and technology initiatives.
- Attract, retain, develop, and motivate the Risk Modeling Technology team through purposeful leadership and by creating an inclusive culture.
- Ensure operational efficiency for Capital and Regulatory Risk model execution with a focus on service-level excellence and in compliance with governing regulations and audits.
- Responsible for the delivery of all technology related initiatives to support the Global Risk Management business lines including Analysis, Development, Testing, Delivery, and Support.
- Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of new application and IT solutions involving multiple dependencies and multiple stakeholders/business partners, ensuring reliability, robustness, availability and stability of the supported systems and applications across business lines, while ensuring alignment with Global Banking & Markets Engineering (GBME) Toronto.
- Leads development, approval and execution of strategic plans, policies and standards surrounding systems development, business analysis, project management, project implementation and production application support for business applications, ensuring alignment with GRM business vision and GBME strategy.
- Manage major multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions and develop strategic plans to business problems. This involves planning, securing and scheduling resources, defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing conversion and implementation strategies and budgeting, developing test strategies, monitoring progress against agreed timelines, managing issues and risks, ensuring that financial monitoring is place and tracked
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Specific Technical Skills
- Masters or Bachelor's degree/diploma in information technology/systems, business administration, computer science or related work experience required.
- The incumbent requires proven IT experience with deep expertise and thought leadership in both the technology and business needs of banking. A minimum of 10 years of direct hands-on project management experience managing large and complex programs
- Experience and deep knowledge in Risk Modeling Technology including Basel AIRB, Decisioning, and Collections models. Must possess deep knowledge of technology tools and solutions which enable the model management life cycle, including ideation, model development, parameter tuning, automated testing, model deployment, and model monitoring and target architectures which accelerate and streamline these capabilities
- Extensive experience and knowledge of predictive risk models, banking or capital markets, and target state technology implementations including best practices, performance measurement, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, business operations, end-to-end workflows, and data & analytics technologies. Knowledge in other supporting functions such as network, infrastructure and Security and Compliance is required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization. Must be able to articulate complicated issues to senior management.
- The incumbent requires in depth knowledge of the Bank's products and services; system development life cycle and the Bank's project delivery framework; and the Bank's mainframe and mid-tier systems and testing environments.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures, software management, SDLC, and development techniques
What's in it for you?
- Expert Python (idiomatic and secure coding techniques, medium to large scale systems integration lead experience, Apache Airflow)
- Experience with a major Cloud provider (MS Azure or Google GCP preferred)
- Understanding of the S3 API set and experience with MinIO.
- Expert Relational Database technology understanding as a user. Postgres or MS SQL Server preferred - but any accepted.
- Broad team lead / manager level knowledge of ETL / Data Reporting tools. Power BI or Tableau.
- Exposure to integration of financial models written in C++ with Python and Java code on both a Windows and Linux environment
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
#In-Tech #ScotiaRED #LI-hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Testing, Compliance, Project Manager, Cloud, Finance, Technology, Legal
Management and Executive