Title: Director, Payment Innovation
Requisition ID: 92156
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Director, Payment Innovation, you will identify capabilities, features, value proposition and potential risks for the product vision, working with key stakeholders to produce high-quality business solutions, supporting business leaders in the overall development and implementation of strategies that shape meaningful change for our customer and the business.
You will oversee the overall health of the delivery services, including setting and managing expectations, ensuring the team has the appropriate capacity and capability to deliver on customer promises. You will be the escalation point for unresolved impediments, and responsible for minimizing delivery risk across the value stream. You will manage the overall system of work with an eye towards high feedback, and constant improvement. What will you do?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Responsible for the overarching strategic vision, commercialization, and execution of services in the high-value payments domain. Subject matter expert with a relentless pursuit to identify, define and build innovative solutions and experiences for internal & external users.
- Responsible for defining the capabilities, processes, and functionality based on the overall vision and input from business SMEs, and customer experience. Understands and articulates the product's vision, including its requirements, value proposition, and key risks associated with opportunities/ ideas
- Understand and interpret external trends both within and outside of Financial Services to create new forms of value that attract customers and deepen their engagement with Scotiabank Products
- Develops strategic approaches for the rollout of business and technology changes in the High-Value payments ecosystem.
- Defines and manages the overall product backlog and provides support for the delivery of backlog items and the ongoing testing and refinement to optimize and enhance their value.
- Provides direction to a cross-functional team of members spanning operations, technology, and business. Work in a cross-functional agile environment with Design, Engineering, Analytics Teams as well as Business Stakeholders to create value and deliver a world-class customer experience
- Enables a culture that promotes, critical thinking, change leadership and includes sharing best practices at global scale.
- Leads and drives a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
•You have 7+ years of product management or development experience
•You have proven knowledge of the high-value payments domain including wire payments, SWIFT, ISO20022, Financial Market Infrastructures (FMI), LVTS or other global RTGS models.
•You have agile mindset with a focus on delivering business value
•You have experience in related Payments products or other areas of capital markets including FX, Payments Operations
•You are able to design and navigate through conflicting priorities, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
•You have strong analytical skills, results orientation and data-driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and metrics)
•You have proven leadership, collaboration, and presentation skills
•You are familiar with human-centered design, understanding of the methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
•You have demonstrated competence and ability to influence senior executives
•You have proven experience leading cross-functional projects
•You have a bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent What's in it for you?
- You will work in the Payments space which is dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and always changing
- You get global exposure and work with the entire enterprise
- We have a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You get access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Healthcare, Management, Finance, Engineering
Management and Executive