Location: Toronto HybridWho we are
Moneris was created as a joint investment between RBC and BMO Bank of Montreal (including Harris Bank) in December 2000. By maintaining the tradition of security and strength of our parent banks, today we are Canada's #1 processor, and one of North America's largest.
We are re-imagining commerce and shaping the future of FinTech. To do that, we empower our teams to redefine what's possible, enable them with the right tools and resources, and support them every step of the way.
Connect. Impact. Grow. Join one of Canada's top employers and make your mark at Moneris.What you'll do
The Director, Pricing Operations is responsible for leading the Pricing Operations Team, which has the ultimate authority with respect to pricing matters and portfolio/product/channel analytics concerning pricing and profitability across the organization. This centralized pricing operations team has the responsibility for setting the overall direction and governance that the organization must follow to address pricing risk and ensuring that pricing discipline is followed across the organization. The pricing operations team plays a leadership role in providing pricing expertise and pricing optimization by balancing customer considerations, competitors and company goals. The incumbent is responsible for developing a team that acts as pricing consultants and applying their knowledge of the company's pricing systems/concepts and portfolio makeup to achieve company objectives.
The incumbent is also responsible for developing systematic, repeatable and scalable processes/methods for pricing as well as developing processes to properly monitor for compliance against the pricing policy and related standards and seeking continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes across the organization including enhancing and streamlining documentation requests. Furthermore, the Director, Pricing Operations must exhibit exceptional organizational and leadership skills with the ability to influence with an impact at all levels, while balancing various stakeholders' needs. As well as, drive performance with a strategic vision and purpose, manage change execution, and maintain engagement across the team. Key accountabilities include:
What you bringMust-have experience, knowledge, skills & abilities
- Develop centralized pricing operations team and setting overall direction and governance with development/enhancement of the pricing policy, pricing standards with processes for regular updates as needed
- Setting up company-wide pricing concepts (including segmented pricing, bundled pricing, optimization of profitability, etc.) that are aligned to the pricing policy and standards to be applied by the pricing operations team to support pricing needs across the organization, including Sales, Marcom, Product, Partnership.
- Develop the appropriate KPIs to ensure portfolio pricing optimization, merchants acquired/churned and profitability and monitor on a regular basis and develop and execute action plans to address issues
- Play a lead role in monitoring pricing effectiveness by setting up company-wide processes and systems to collect the right data, work with the data teams to develop reporting for monitoring of compliance and recommending pricing initiatives, share the information with relevant teams and building alerts for any outliers.
- Work with other Finance teams such as FP&A and Treasury to develop systematic and repeatable process to ensure that up-to-date and accurate view of costs for pricing decision making
- Manage and develop the Pricing operations team, set clear expectations for employees and gain buy-in on future direction through open communication
- Pricing and profitability of the National and Mid-Market portfolios, both at an aggregated and account level, in response to market or specific customer or prospect needs.
- Gathering and distributing competitor pricing analysis and commentary, in partnership with the Competitive Intelligence group, and recommending offensive or defensive pricing strategies
What you get
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in pricing, analytics, revenue/portfolio management
- Minimum of 7 years in leadership/ people management experience
- Data-minded and creative use of data to support pricing decisions kills:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to create a business plan, develop clear business cases for pricing initiatives, accurately forecast and sense of urgency to support business teams to close business opportunities
- Demonstrates strategic mindset - proven ability to create and align Moneris priorities to Pricing strategies.
- Ability to approach complexities/problems with a solutions-oriented perspective, connecting linkages, impacts, and interdependencies across the organization.
- Optimizes the team though proven leadership, coaching and resource management skills to lead and motivate the team, while being a strong source of inspiration.
- Strong advocacy, negotiation and partnership skills to balance stakeholder input but remain objective to reach the right outcome - ability to stay resilient under pressure
Who you'll work with
- The chance to be part of one of Canada's top employers and leader in FinTech
- Competitive pay and annual bonus program based on individual performance and productivity
- Emphasis on Wellness - Meeting Free Fridays (MF2), company-wide holiday closure, just to name a few
- RRSP matching & defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible benefits package starting from day 1
- Thrive in a Hybrid or Remote Model - including a tech peripheral rebate!
- Extensive learning & development programs and resources - plus unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses!
- Lots of opportunities to advance your career - 30% of Moneris' roles are filled internally
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Educational Assistance and Recognition Program
- Employee perk program with incredible discounts for over 2,400 vendors!
- Get involved in one or many of our Moneris Committees and Employee Resource Groups - Inclusive Workplace Council (IWC), Black Employee Network, just to name a few
As an integral part of the Moneris team, our Finance Department is made up of analytical and critical thinkers within five key functions; Controllership, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Data Analytics, Treasury. We are united by our mission to provide insights on key analytics and trends to support our teams in making the right business decisions. We are responsible for protecting the assets of Moneris and ensuring there are sufficient funds to support operations, merchant settlements, and growth.
Check out our careers hub to learn more about life at Moneris!
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and to facilitate a safe return to the office for all employees, clients and vendors, Moneris has developed a vaccination standard that requires all employees and contract resources to be fully vaccinated in order to attend company premises, company events or conduct business travel on behalf of Moneris (and provide proof). Bona fide exemptions may be requested in accordance with legally protected grounds.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive