The Director, Engineering & Manufacturing is responsible for driving profitable growth through the management and integrity of all engineering and manufacturing activity in the division. This includes ensuring the provision of resources as well as developing and maintaining engineering and manufacturing systems and operations for new and existing product lines and services.
The incumbent must possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills in order to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across the business. As the internal and external evangelist for providing skilled resource allocation to all programs, product line development and R& D requires big-picture vision coupled with the technical background, organizational skills and the internal drive to make the business vision a reality. Responsibilities
- Be a visionary &ndash provide skilled engineering and manufacturing resources for the execution of all the programs including Canadaarm space station robotics, On Orbit Servicing Robotics, Mars Rovers, and Medical robotics.
- Oversees the forecast and planning for those resources to meet or exceed individual program and overall business objectives.
- Responsibility for hiring resources and managing their training and skills development, including career development, performance planning, ensuring alignment with individual, departmental and corporate objectives.
- Coach direct reports in setting personal achievement goals, supporting relevant learning and development.
- Work as part of the Division' s Senior Management team to achieve the Division&rsquo s business plan goals and objectives.
- Oversees the continuous improvement of engineering and manufacturing services, processes and procedures, including creating process improvement strategies and capital acquisitions, and selecting process improvement methodologies.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining functional standards, systems and policies, and ensures compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory rules and standards.
- Supports proposal activity, in line with the product line strategy. Chairs independent technical, cost and schedule assessments to ensure the optimal technical solution is supported by accurate cost and schedule baselines, together with appropriate risk assessment and mitigation plans.
- Independently audits and assesses risk on planned program work and program work-in-progress, assists in identifying mitigation responses or workarounds and chairs Engineering Review Teams..
- Liaise with customer to maintain effective relationships, install and enhance the customer&rsquo s confidence in MDA&rsquo s quality systems and products.
- Manages the engineering and manufacturing (including facilities) departmental budgets.
- Foster the elements essential to a safe and healthy workplace.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- BSc or BEng or equivalent in an engineering or applied science discipline.
- Minimum 15 years of experience and currency in relevant technical and business fields.
- Organized, self-starter comfortable engaging business and technology decision makers within MDA, within partner organizations, and with potential customers. Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good financial, budgeting and planning skills.
- Team player that demonstrated high level of integrity
- Strong knowledge of relevant technologies, products, services and methods.
- Proven financial, budgeting and planning skills
- Strong oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Charismatic, strong and relatable communication style
- Result orientated and exhibits excellent critical thinking
- Works well in a dynamic environment where some of the parameters are unknown and some change regularly.
- Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service.
- Industry and market awareness
The closing date for this position is September 19th. Comments/Special Considerations:
To be qualified you must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at ITAR (preference will be given to candidates that already hold one), and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: September 20, 2018
Closes: November 19, 2018