VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
We define and enable target state Data & Analytics (DnA) ecosystem. Accelerating our teams across BMO on their path to value at scale. We help each other in times of need, and we are proud of our work. We are visionaries, thought leaders, multipliers, coders, and much more. Above all, we are a global team of diverse folks who enjoy working together to create smart solutions.
Our Ambition is bold. It is built around putting both our capital and resources to the highest and most profitable use, with a "digital first" operating model, fuelled by data-driven decisioning.
Join the Data & Analytics (DnA) team within BMO as we accelerate our path to value with:
- Actionable insights anchored on managed Data and frictionless Analytics capabilities
- A mindset that extends a solid core and provides a flexible edge
- Acceleration of commercial value within a responsible framework
DnA enables the strategic priorities of the bank, by providing progressive data capabilities, coupled with advanced analytical methods to accelerate value generation from actionable insights while operating within the bank's full risk appetite.The Impact
This is a Senior DnA technology role and part of the DnA CTO organization.
Director of DnA Integration leads strategic initiatives, builds future state architectures, defines standards, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration in achieving our vision.
The team has broad expertise in BMO T&O organization's critical platforms, data, architecture, and cloud domains. All team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to define and enable BMO DnA's technology vision. What's in it for you:
We are looking for an experienced Data Leader to be part of a team that is building our future state DnA internal SaaS. The platform will modernize our DnA ecosystem across the bank. And it will enable our lines of businesses to migrate to the cloud, solve complex data challenges, and operate with speed and scale.
This role will be responsible for developing data integration capabilities, designing enterprise scale solutions, leading development, driving principles and standards that will achieve future state architecture.
The ideal candidate should have deep expertise with data capability & platform development, distributed systems, and a desire to drive change through technology enablement across the bank. The role requires the candidate to be hands on with modern data, cloud and microservices technologies.
In this role, you will propel BMO's Digital First strategy forward by providing business and technology with the information management leadership necessary for solutions to realize a Future Ready data and analytics ecosystem.
You will lead and develop cloud data capability and platforms centered on building a digitally enabled, future-ready bank with leading efficiency, profitability, and loyalty - all powered by a winning culture.What We're Looking For:
- Strong coder, integrator, and forward thinker
- Be relentlessly curious, take ownership, and challenge the status quo
- Has in-depth knowledge of the data and cloud landscape as well as hands-on expertise of how to implement solutions in a regulated setting
- Enables lines of businesses, data, and operations teams to deliver business value while driving DnA strategy and achieving technology vision
- Shapes advanced conceptual thinking to solve complex or novel situations that have never been dealt with before
- Attracts and develops top talent and integrates them into our key strategic initiatives
- Builds DnA Data foundational capabilities as part of an internal DnA SaaS ecosystem that enables the bank to generate insights, discover new opportunities, and create new products and services at scale
- Leverages latest Data tooling to deliver standardized patterns with security, governance, and best practices built in
- Delivers solutions for complex data challenges, M&A, and new data, analytic, and AI/ML opportunities
- Enables lines of businesses by leveraging existing tools and approaches or creating new capabilities
- Shapes DnA Data strategy and roadmap to rapidly transform data and analytics landscape while meeting business priorities
- Creates best-in-class technology innovation that is mirrored by best-in-class security and demonstrably moves DnA forward positively with global regulatory bodies and with the market
- Introduces and enables emerging technologies like Data, Analytics, AI/ML, Blockchain, and others to drive innovation across the bank
- Accelerates rationalization of legacy to serverless and future state architectures to achieve speed to market for lines of businesses
- Designs and implements strategies to monitor the effectiveness of information security, standards programs, and strategic initiatives to identify, manage, and mitigate current and emerging risks
- Attracts and develops top talent by creating a cohesive culture that fosters innovation, transparency, and collaboration
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 8+ years of data analytic, AI/ML or development related work experience
- Hands-on working experience in data engineering, data warehouse, data lake, and data management
- Strong experience in AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers
- Strong coding skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of software development, build, deployment, and operation
- Skills and experience to translate requirements into data solution
- Demonstrated experience writing data capabilities, data pipelines, and frameworks using some of following: Java, Scala, Python, SQL, R, etc, and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHubs, etc
Demonstrated experience in technologies such as Data pipelines, MPP, Data warehouse, Data lake, Cloud, Serverless, and ContainersWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.