Requisition ID: 153953
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs. The team:
Scotiabank's Network Engineering team is responsible for managing and executing enterprise-wide strategies, planning , implementation, operations and support for the bank's Network Services (including transport for voice, video and data). The role:
Reporting to & receiving broad direction from the Executive Director, Global Network Engineering, you will have overall responsibility for the planning, execution and delivery of services affecting Global Network Infrastructure throughout North America and Asia Pacific.
You will have around 10 direct reports in North America & Asia Pacific. In addition, you will oversee a budget in the millions.
When required, there might be travel to the Asia Pacific region. You are fine with on-call to support your staff after hours & assist with problem resolution. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You are eager to lead and execute enterprise-wide network strategies, including transport for voice, video and data.
- You are adept in directing a large team of professionals and reporting to Senior Management on the team's activities as they relate to projects, operations, as well as financials.
- You are passionate in delivering the network solutions that will enhance the end user experience from network access to communication and collaboration along with the digital workplace transformation within a large-scale enterprise network .
- You see yourself as a champion of change & have both critical thinking & thought leadership to make it happen.
What's in it for you?
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) skills in both English & Spanish. Furthermore, you have good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have at least 10+ years of hands-on technical working experience, in any capacity, with network (data & voice) infrastructure support on the operational side.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional working experience as a Senior Manager or Director in Technology.
- You can demonstrate a strong working knowledge with vendor management & procurement (Request for Proposals - RFP's) that are valued at $10 million (CAD) or more.
- You possess strengths in the areas of tactical planning, execution, problem solving.
- You can demonstrate strong leadership, collaboration and people management skills with the ability to influence and orchestrate resources at all levels.
- The ability to expand on ideas and approaches through creative thinking is an asset in this role.
- You have completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or in a related subject
- While our focus is on finding a technical leader/people manager to strengthen our team's technical bench on cloud and software defined data centre technologies, we're part of a global team with a mandate covering the entire network. As a team we have the opportunity to explore and work with an extensive cutting edge of network technologies such as SD-WAN, Micro-segmentation & ACI, etc.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- When required to be onsite, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV's. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2 or from Kennedy subway station on Lines 2/3. 2023 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that's steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network Engineer, Work from Home, Technology, Engineering, Contract
Information Technology Telecommunications