At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients' most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Operations Advisory practice is seeking a Director, IT Program Delivery for our Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sector to strengthen our Management Consulting practice in the Toronto office. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service What you will do
As a Director, IT Program Delivery in our TMT Solutions practice, you will lead the strategy, design and delivery of largescale enterprise data and technology solutions to solve client needs. You will use your strong business acumen, technical experience, and industry knowledge to become a key member of a high performing team. You will be learning from some of the best in the industry and growing your personal skillset by leading the following activities.
What you bring to the role
- Leading the design and E2E solution implementation of enterprise-wide data and technology solutions in the Telecommunications Sector, with accountability for engagement delivery, client outcomes and risk management
- Leading and managing cross-functional IT engagement teams (8-10 individuals) including providing training, leadership, direction, and guidance to cultivate and manage high performing teams
- Leading proposals and other new business development activities by leveraging new and existing relationships within the Telecommunications/Technology sectors
- Establishing client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics directly to near- and long-term business improvement
- Growing your coaching and feedback skills through providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring to your team and supporting our Open Feedback culture
- Developing your reputation as a trusted advisor and as a champion within the TMT network, locally and globally
Keys to your success:
- 10- 12+ years' solution architecture or IT delivery experience in the Telecommunications industry, with a focus on infrastructure, cloud, data and analytics solutions and strategy
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Math, Business, or other related field (Master's degree considered an asset)
- Experience leading delivery of major IT projects in the Telecommunications sector (e.g. BSS/OSS systems, Telco billing systems, Field Force management systems, CRM solutions, etc.)
- Experience in agile project management (e.g. agile certification, experience as a Scrum Master, and/or experience with agile tools such as JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience in data architecture, including experience building and optimizing data pipelines and data models; and writing advanced code statements and models
- Proficiency in architecture design, using modelling languages, frameworks and architecture principles in business, data, technology, and security disciplines
- Understanding of enterprise data and technology solutions such as low code applications (e.g. Outsystems, Appian, Alteryx, Microsoft PowerApps), analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Qlik, Anaplan, Tableau), databases (e.g. Snowflake, GCP), and ERP solutions (e.g. SAP S4 HANA, Oracle)
- Existing relationships with senior IT and business leaders in the Telecommunications/Technology sector, and the ability to cultivate relationships at management and executive levels, both internally and externally
- You understand that at times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfil the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.