At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG is focused on achieving significant growth ambitions while becoming the most trusted professional services firm. For Audit, this requires a relentless focus on key initiatives that drive Audit Quality and achieve Operational Excellence through standardization, centralization, automation, and innovation.The establishment of a global delivery model, the KPMG Delivery Network for Audit (KDN Audit), will help make significant strides in all these focus areas. We envision a network of global, regional, and specialty focused delivery centers that provide standardized services (on a cost recovery basis) to engagement teams in all member firms. The potential benefits are plentiful. Audit quality will be increased by the centralized, consistent performance of certain audit procedures. Engagement teams will be able to increase their focus on more complex procedures or on serving more clients. Our multi-national clients will have a more consistent experience around the globe. Most member firms will be able to achieve better margins. Finally, the firm will have a mechanism to help quickly deploy new and emerging solutions (e.g. ESG) and audit innovations (e.g. audit technology). The Opportunity
KDN for Audit is a critical component of delivering the Global ESG Assurance strategy, and is fundamental to ensuring member firms can scale their assurance practices' in a rapidly changing market.
Our vision is that the KDN ESG Assurance team will support every ESG Assurance engagement across the global network with access to market leading expertise and highly standardised services so they can deliver consistently high quality.
We are seeking a strong and established Leader to serve as the KDN Head of ESG Assurance to partner with global Leaders to build profile, provide credibility for ESG sales pitches and develop and lead the delivery of assurance services. Through this work, you will have the opportunity to help shape a more sustainable future, as well as work with fantastic colleagues and the brightest minds in KPMG. What you will do
• Design and shape the KDN ESG Assurance strategy for Audit, as well as execution plans
• Lead and drive engagement with Leadership groups
• Lead business planning, management reporting and budget activities with relevant stakeholders and functional Leaders
• Support the Audit KDN Solutions Lead with establishing and managing an effective operating and governance model
• Represent KPMG and building the assurance brand from an international perspective
• Support and partially manage ESG assurance engagements, including report assurance, readiness services and other assurance related activities with an emphasis on applying the knowledge and expertise of international reporting frameworks and legislation, including CSRD, EU Taxonomy, ISSB, GRI and SASB.
• Build capacity within the member firms through training and knowledge sharing:
- Enable member firm teams to work in compliance with the latest legislation and frameworks
- Ensure teams are up to date on developments on frameworks and requirements
- Develop and rolling-out training for sustainability and audit teams
• Identify opportunities for KDN process improvement and standardisation including:
- Work paper development and explore ways to make the process more effective
- Support the development of methodology and (standardized) working papers
• Enable the successful deployment and adoption of each new service and solution
- Serve as a champion for the KDN ESG Assurance program
- Communicate effectively with executive partners to engender support and excitement for the benefits of KDN ESG Assurance while addressing potential roadblocks
- Help direct the development of country activation programs to drive adoption and change What you bring to the role
• Strong leadership and team management skills
• Significant experience in sustainability assurance or a related field
• Experience of assurance/audit work and the ability to apply this expertise from this perspective
• In-depth technical knowledge of relevant frameworks and the international regulatory and policy context, specifically knowledge of the CSRD, EU Taxonomy, ISSB, TCFD, GRI, SASB, and other relevant frameworks
• CPA or similar accreditation is preferred
• Extensive experience applying your knowledge and expertise in a variety of sectors
• Ability to make quick, sound decisions and work in an agile way
• Excellent stakeholder and client management skills. The position requires you to work with multiple teams and clients in an international context, meaning easy adaption to different international and cultural environments is required
• Experience working with offshore teams and/or collaborating on special initiatives
• Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to move between listening to, guiding, and coaching with impact. You will need these skills for training team members, networking events and preparing and launching thought leadership.
• Additional languages, such as Spanish, Italian, French and German would be highly beneficial in this Global role
• Business development experience
• As firm policy permits, willingness to travel domestically or internationally (up to 25%)
• Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate global team schedules Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .