60 Yonge Street
Manages and prices pension de-risking quotes in the Canadian market within specified guidelines and deadlines. Monitors longevity experience, expense, investment yields and provides reporting on the profitability of new products and/or product enhancements. Provides expertise makes pricing recommendation for pension quotes. Manage a team of actuarial students to optimize results.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Manages and documents actuarial assumptions for quotes to senior leaders.
- Reviews pension plan details for quotes as required.
- Analyzes, evaluates and compares competitor quotes.
- Develops insights and recommends enhancements for quoting .
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Discusses and communicates product enhancements and systems limitations with internal stakeholders.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Reviews and analyzes actuarial issues for presentation to the Appointed Actuary for signoff.
- Executes the calculations and analytics required for reporting.
- Analyzes company data to provide management reporting on insurance industry and internal business trends.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides input for continuous improvement of processes and procedures to support more effective operations.
- Provides input into pricing methodology using actuarial experience and competitive & industry knowledge.
- Provides an ongoing competitive analysis of BMO insurance products and identifies opportunities for business growth.
- Coordinates provision of management information, according to established needs and timelines, for use in internal and external audits and for general management information.
- Reviews progress to plans, and participates in the implementation of actions necessary to correct internal and external issues.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid foundation in actuarial related functions and strong insurance software skills (Moody's AXIS).
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products and channels, and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills to support the effective design and use of spreadsheets to perform actuarial work.
- Ability to run Access queries and strong familiarity with administration systems and data format.
- In-depth knowledge in defined benefit pension plan valuation and administration.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS17
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
People Manager / GestionnaireWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support