Requisition ID: 100327
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job
The incumbent is responsible for designing, implementing, directing and overseeing, on a global basis the Quality Assurance function for Scotiabank Global Compliance's (SGC) Compliance Program which has the objective of providing ongoing assessment of the Compliance Program to support the Chief Compliance & Regulatory Officer's view of the effectiveness of the Compliance Program and its continuance improvement. Major Accountabilities
- The incumbent is responsible to ensure that the processes required for the Quality Assurance Program (QAP) are established, implemented and maintained. Including the development of quality targets and long-range strategic plans for continuous quality improvement, defines quality objectives and functional responsibilities.
- Monitor progress of the Quality KPI's in achieving the QAP long range strategic plans and communicate to senior management.
- Ensure that testing activities are being conducted in accordance to the testing strategy and plan.
- Ensure that the performance of the QAP against quality policy objectives is reported to senior compliance management including any areas of improvement.
- Determine and enforce quality requirements in accordance with current regulations and customer requirements. Contribute to the quality improvement efforts of the Bank by adhering to a structured continuous improvement approach and focusing on root cause identification and correction.
- Integrate quality assurance program planning, in collaboration with Global Compliance, with the planning for new or modified regulatory changes.
- Review systems, processes, procedures, reports, transactions, and other information to assess reliability, accuracy, completeness and conduct assurance testing to assess whether the Compliance Program and its under-lying regulatory control processes are operating as intended and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Review systems, processes, procedures, reports, transactions, and other information to assess reliability, accuracy, completeness and conduct assurance testing to assess whether governance, risk management and control processes are operating as intended and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct interviews of responsible officials and staff as needed to gain an overall understanding of systems, processes procedures, reports and transactions and to examine specific issues or areas.
- Identify, obtain, analyze and evaluate relevant information needed to support QAR conclusions and results.
- Prepare working papers to document relevant information obtained, analyzed and evaluated that support observations and conclusions.
- Draft high-quality reports which include a background discussion of the operations and activities reviewed, objective, scope, conclusion, observations and related recommendations for reviews completed.
- Facilitate and coordinate the resolution of observations and recommendations with responsible officers who oversee the operations and activities tested.
- Oversee any internal/external reviews/assessments to ensure that the QAP is properly represented.
- Participate in networking with other financial institutions to analyze the effectiveness and performance of the QAP.
- BA and or a post graduate degree.
- Compliance monitoring and/or audit skills.
- LLB/Juris Doctorate (an asset).
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant compliance, audit and/or professional practice management experience in a Banking/Securities industry.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a Quality Assurance Program.
- CSI Courses.
- Spanish is an asset.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to provide guidance, promoting good communications, objective thinking and cooperation among different compliance teams.
- Proven ability to effectively contribute to the quality improvement efforts of the Bank.
- Proven experience in establishing procedures for maintaining high standards QAP.
- Extensive experience in the regulatory compliance area for financial institutions.
- Experience as a lead contact point.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to make recommendations.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Manager, Bank, Banking, Quality, Legal, Management, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance