100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our growing foreign exchange team. The primary responsibility is pricing and risk management of EM FX deals within BMO Global Markets. This job will involve the day-to-day pricing of customer requests and management of FX risk along with improvements in trading strategies and client coverage. In the role you will provide competitive pricing to all clients and seek out new opportunities with prospective clients, whilst prudently minimizing the bank's exposure and adhering to regulatory statutes.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in pricing and managing large positions in Asian and/or Latam NDFs and deliverable markets as well as being able to implement performance enhancing analytics and developing trading strategies. The candidate will be capable to offer a full spectrum of integrated capabilities to deliver leading market insight, risk management, and execution services to all clients, including access to major global markets across asset classes including foreign exchange, interest rate and emerging markets.Candidates are expected to:
• Work closely with sales to expand our Emerging Market footprint with current and prospective clients
• Grow revenue of our EM platform through prudent market making and risk management
• Develop a robust pricing tool for EM and stream NDF pricing to customers
• Operate as key member of the team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
• Use expertise in financial markets to cultivate relationships with new and existing clients and develop new client relationships.
• Build positive internal and client relationships at all levels through a deep and comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of our products and services.
• Work closely with sales and research teams to provide seamless client coverage including fulfilling client requests for market updates and providing clients with specific product information.
• Recognise business priorities, advise on resource requirements and develop roadmaps for strategic execution
• Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.).
• Operates within position and loss limits as prudent management of the Bank's exposure.
• Manages firm's risk and takes action to reduce exposure in developing and delivering client strategies including the development of hedging and trading strategies.
• Balance the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs.
• Identify and acts on the delivery of meaningful revenue, cost reduction or capital optimization opportunities.
• Make decisions based on a strong understanding of risks; effectively evaluate risk-return trade-offs, and proactively take accountability for risks assumed.
• Operate at an enterprise-wide level and serve as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
• Apply expertise and creative thought to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Implement changes in response to shifting trends.Qualifications:
• 7+ years of experience in EM FX trading with a special focus on Asian or Latam NDF trading and STIR hedging
• Proven track record of profitability trading EM FX
• Adheres to the FX Global Code of conduct
• Post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Degree in Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics, CFA preferred.
• Programming skills a plus for enhancement of client facing price distributionWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing