100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a capital markets-based suite of services/solutions to institutional clients, including leading market insight, risk management, and execution services. Required focus and expertise in North American Rates Markets - specifically Interest Rate Derivatives, Government bonds and SSAs for both Canada and the US. Maximizes profit while prudently managing the bank's risk and adhering to regulatory statutes.Qualifications:
Area of Responsibilities:
- 10+ years of relevant, client facing experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- Thorough knowledge of capital markets, asset pricing, and trading/hedging strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the fields products and procedures, as well as broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Strong quantitative analysis, technology and financial analysis skills.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
We're here to help
- Uses expertise in financial markets to cultivate relationships with existing institutional investor clients while developing prospective clients.
- Builds positive client relationships at all levels through deep and comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment with the BMO's products/services.
- Works closely with sales, trading and research teams to ensure strong market knowledge, provide comprehensive service to clients, develop new solutions and construct compelling recommendations.
- Balances the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs in making recommendations.
- Anticipates changes in client needs and provides strategic/creative solutions; Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Identifies and acts on the delivery of meaningful revenue, cost reduction or capital optimization opportunities.
- Cross-Selling: Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve the client experience; brings in partners where appropriate to deliver a full BMO experience and grow share of client's wallet.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures; makes decisions based on a strong understanding of these risks (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.); effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes accountability for risks assumed.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing