Requisition ID: 158322
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Director Data Governance and Analytics, Risk and Business Controls / Global Wealth Management Operations
Leads and oversees the Data Governance and Analytics team, a unit within Risk and Business Controls, Global Wealth Management Operations. The incumbent is responsible for the leading and coordinating the implementation of the Bank's Data Risk Policy across Global Wealth Management; and supports key reporting and data driven insights to improve decision making processes within Risk and Business controls. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Drives day to day activities and decisions are consistent with the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture.
- Data Governance and Management
- Provides strategic direction and thought leadership to drive the implementation of the Bank's Data Risk Policy and Data Standards across GWM.
- Owns and is responsible for leading, developing, and executing on the overall data governance and management roadmap and implementation for GWM to ensure adherence to the Bank's Data Risk Policy and Data Standards.
- Acts as the Data Steward and assists other GWM Data Steward(s) for assigned domains.
- Responsible for the communications and reporting related to GWM's data governance and data management program.
- Coordinates with the Enterprise Data Office, IT&S, Business Unit Heads, and other key stakeholders.
- Analytics and Reporting
- Leads initiatives to deliver improved processes and controls by leveraging data
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operations, streamline and improve existing reporting, and advocates the transition to modern reporting tools (e.g., PowerBI).
- Provides expertise on analytical techniques to uncover patterns, trends, and relationships to allow insights to better monitor and manage risk.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all primary data sources for the business unit's data to enable the design, execution, and maintenance of KPI/KRI dashboards to support decision making and monitoring of key customer, operational, financial, and compliance metrics.
- Ensures reporting / dashboards have strong internal controls and QA to ensure accuracy, completeness, and meet stakeholder objectives.
- Prepare and present analytics/reporting outputs and recommendations business unit and senior management.
- Builds a high-performance culture and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
What's in it for you?
- Works closely with partners across Global Wealth Management (Canadian Wealth Management, SSI, and Canadian Asset Management), Enterprise Data Office, and IT&S.
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships and stakeholder expectations is critical.
- Deals well with ambiguity and demonstrates a resilient, flexible mindset.
- High attention to detail, particularly in support of reporting and analytics projects.
- Minimum 8-10 years related work experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in the areas of data governance, data management, and in analytics/reporting roles.
- Knowledge of data governance and data management principles, tools, and practices.
- Strong data analytics skillset and experience with SQL, R, Python, Spark; database systems (Hive/Hadoop, SQL server)
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders is a critical component of this role.
- Knowledge of the wealth management and securities industry (e.g., products, operational processes, applications/systems, and data flows) would be an asset.
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity and celebrates success!
- Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Database, Data Management, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Technology, Management, Data, Finance