Requisition ID: 104365
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
The Customer Insights, Data, and Analytics organization at Scotiabank is focused on building high-value solutions across the bank. Our organization consists of accomplished professionals who blend expertise in computer science, data, machine learning, and banking to deliver innovative projects that drive the business. A key part of success for the group is having scalable, fast, and continuously evolving data processes, and this is the responsibility of the Data Office Data Engineering team. As an integral part of the team, the Data Engineering Director will be responsible for leading and designing data pipelines that power advanced and descriptive analytics work.
We have a dynamic work environment that provides exposure to leaders in data & analytics, the opportunity to continuously learn, and support to be innovative.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Lead a team of data engineers. Technical leadership, solution design, and coaching.
• Work with business teams across the organization (Canadian Banking, Intl. Banking, Wealth, GBM) to understand their data-driven goals
• Partner with advanced analytics teams to build powerful data assets and processes
• Build automated data management and data quality capabilities into projects
• Build re-usable components to scale development across the organization, collaborating with other technical teams to streamline high-value data to the Analytics platforms
• Build re-usable managed datasets for consumption by both revenue generating analytics and operational corporate functions (e.g. finance, risk, etc.)QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or relevant experience
• People management experience
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
• Strong programming background. Python or Scala preferred
• Solid experience in a variety of databases and data platforms. Experience with PostgreSQL, Min.IO, Presto an asset
• Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, Spark an asset
• Familiarity with agile tooling to efficiently build as a team: git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Familiarity with data management capabilities (data registration, data quality, etc.) and ability to learn advanced data management toolsets
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Manager, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Management, Engineering, Finance