At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for a seasoned communications leader who understands how to build strong narratives, create compelling content and drive results. In this role, you will use your expertise to develop and execute on strategies to protect and advance corporate reputation, engage employees and enable business results.
You are naturally curious, creative and a true driver. You don't mind operating in shades of grey and thrive in fast-paced, high-energy working environments. You know how to build strong relationships both across an organization and externally. Ideal candidates will have 8-10 years experience in communications and in leading great teams-either for a company, a third party or government. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
This full-time position is based in Toronto and reports to the Senior Director, Communications.What you will do:
What you have:
- Develop and drive a best-in-class communications program to support and promote Rogers Connected Home (residential) and Wireless businesses and reputation
- Partner with colleagues across communications and business teams to create compelling content to leverage internally and externally
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional colleagues and leadership teams to align on shared goals and strategies
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with journalists, industry analysts and public & private sector partners
- Produce and deliver effective employee and leader communications and change management programs
- Manage key issues to build and protect Rogers reputation
- Coach and motivate a small, high-performing team
- University degree and/or diploma in communications, public relations or journalism
- 8-10+ years experience in communications, ideally in corporate, third party, public affairs and/or government roles
- Ability to develop and drive a sustained, strategic internal and external communications program that delivers measurable results
- Strong political acuity with a sophisticated understanding of how to drive relevant, timely external narratives
- Strategic and creative thinker who can distill complex ideas into simple, compelling content to inform, influence and engage
- Proven ability to partner with C-suite executives, leadership and cross-functional teams and are comfortable
- Ability to take initiative, hustle, be resourceful, highly accountable and proactive
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Communications & Corporate Communication Requisition ID:
193764 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing