100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a markets-based suite of sales and trading solutions to Institutional, Corporate, and Retail clients. Offers a full spectrum of integrated capabilities to deliver leading market insight, risk management, and execution services to issuing and/or investor clients, including access to major global markets across asset classes including: debt, foreign exchange, interest rate, credit, equity, securitization, and commodities. Provides competitive pricing to all clients and seeks out new opportunities with prospective clients. Maximizes profit while prudently minimizing the bank's exposure and adhering to regulatory statutes.
We're here to help
- Operates as key member of the deal team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Institutes cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
- Uses expertise in financial markets to cultivate relationships with new and existing clients and develop new client relationships.
- Manages a client book and is accountable for the risk, profit & loss and limits for the book.
- Builds positive client relations at all levels through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of our products/services.
- Anticipates changes in client needs and provides strategic/creative solutions.
- Recognizes opportunities to cross-sell and to grow share of clients' wallet.
- Provides comprehensive account coverage and client development as well as actively prospects new clients to increase revenue the assigned territory.
- Maintains strong relationships with investors, understands their portfolio, and matches the firm services and products to client needs.
- Works closely with sales, trading and research teams to provide seamless client coverage including fulfilling client requests for market updates and providing clients with specific product information.
- Responds to inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community in a professional manner and determine acceptable solutions.
- Contacts customers to present available investment services and develop client prospects from among current customers, referral leads and other sources.
- Develops and/or facilitates development of client-focused solutions based on financial expertise, organizational, technical, regulatory and environmental client awareness.
- Distills market and internal data to negotiate solutions, terms and conditions with clients / internal counterparts.
- Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve the client experience; brings in partners where appropriate; delivers a full BMO experience.
- Verifies that all confirms on trades or sales are accurate and promptly delivered.
- Communicates transaction details to the brokerage community and custodians. Resolves settlement issues related to incorrect billing.
- Develops strong market knowledge to provide comprehensive service to clients, develop new solutions, and construct compelling recommendations.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents in order to better serve client needs.
- Develops marketing ideas and helps initiate transactions through appropriate presentation of financial data.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Develops and leverages relationships across businesses, senior leaders and clients to foster and support coordination.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Cultivates strong relationships with the research team in order to understand their industries and stock coverage.
- Uses analytical skills (probability, statistical inference, etc.) and applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Assists colleagues in the research and resolution of administrative/operational issues.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal / compliance, etc.).
- Helps colleagues with the presentation of information and prepares proposals for their review.
- Maintains and develops knowledge of client systems/applications and the internal web-based research document database
- Executes orders for purchase or sales of securities or completes transaction independently if brokerage firm is market maker in requested transaction. All transactions must be recorded accurately and frequently reviewed for accuracy.
- Receives and reviews all transactions to ensure accuracy and that transactions conform to the regulations of SEC, NASD, and other regulatory agencies.
- Tracks supply and demand and evaluates market development.
- Operates within position and loss limits as prudent management of the Bank's exposure.
- Manages risk related to pricing and sales/trading of the book.
- Manages firm's risk and takes action to reduce exposure in developing and delivering client strategies including the development of hedging and trading strategies.
- Balances the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs in making recommendations/proposal.
- Identifies and acts on the delivery of meaningful revenue, cost reduction or capital optimization opportunities.
- Makes decisions based on a strong understanding of risks; effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes accountability for risks assumed.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics, CFA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of capital markets, pricing, and trading/hedging strategies and familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures and various capital markets products.
- Strong understanding of trading procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Series 7, 63, and 55 licenses required.
- Strong quantitative analysis, technology and financial analysis skills.
- Strong risk management skills, fundamental analysis skills and leadership abilities.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing