55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Are you passionate about the opportunities to drive meaningful business results using digital partnerships? Are you excited by the prospect of bringing innovation to life through partnerships with bigtechs, fintechs, accelerators and bank consortia? Do you want to play a role in helping shape the development of Open Banking in Canada? Do you like collaborating with senior executives to help develop and execute transformationsal partnership strategies? Make your mark by helping shape BMO's future in an increasingly disruptive business environment, and delivering on our vision!
As the internal Enterprise partnership team, BMO Business Development and Partnerships
is accountable for using strategic partnerships and investments to help accelerate our digital strategy and innovation to position BMO as a digital leader. BMO Partners uses partnerships to help drive customer acquision by accessing digital distribution scale and augmenting internal capabilities, and also acts as champion in managing partnership relationships.
As a leader within the BMO Partners team, you have a unique opportunity to help shape the future direction of BMO in an increasingly open banking world with a particular focus on our Canadian businesses. You will work directly with the Senior Executive team to help define transformational opportunities, manage the Canadian partnership ecosystem and execute on partnerships.
BMO Partners has a strong track record of developing leaders like you and in executing on winning partnership strategies. Our implementation wins include: Google Deposit product launch, Intuit small business APIs, the launch of the Verified.me digital ID solution, Blend mortgages and leading accelerator programs with 1871 and DMZ. We are looking for driven relationship managers who can navigate the partnership ecosystem to join our small Enterprise team of talented and passionate individuals where you will play a central role in shaping our future.
Provides expertise in the design, development, management and implementation of assigned strategic initiatives from business case development through to execution. Develops business goals and key performance metrics to support initiative/program monitoring and enable insights. Ensures cross-group coordination and logistical support for the implementation of change. Works across BMO to deliver specific initiative/program results in alignment with overall group goals.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Leads the execution of initiatives/programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Assesses and adapts existing operational programs; develops new capabilities to ensure ongoing success.
- Directs the planning & implementation of operational programs for an assigned digital portfolio/strategy and executes within required service level agreements and standards.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group for assigned initiatives/business programs.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans and holistic business programs.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Participates in change management activities.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of strategic insights programs.
- Reviews the ongoing programs for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Combination of financial services and technology exposure; expert understanding of digital issues/trends and how to leverage technology for competitive advantage.
- Expert knowledge of digital channels and workplace technology platforms and services.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support