100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Reporting to the Head of Business Management, recruiting a seasoned, experienced senior leader responsible for leading all T&O Business Management activities for Workforce, Project and Financial Management.
Successful candidate will lead a team covering the functions of Relationship Management, Centralized PODs for workforce tracking, Clarity management and financial consolidation. The role will also provide central point of contact for all inquiries from business stakeholders.
The successful candidate demonstrates ability to plan independently, autonomously direct and execute all areas of the annual T&O Business Management cycle, for example annual planning, monthly forecasting and review of monthly results analysis:
Provide ongoing financial management and workforce management support for the CIOO CM T&O:
- Review and analyze monthly results
- Participate in generating and review current year forecasts
- Provide maintenance support functions for the Clarity project profiles
- Develop an understanding of the CM T&O allocations and act as an initial point of contact for LOB inquiries
- Partner with the finance team to develop Detail Level Plans [DLP] covering headcount and $ for 12 month fiscal plan and 24-month rolling forecast
- Partner with the Portfolio Governance Lead in monitoring financial performance to quickly identify potential opportunities to re-allocate capital when/where it remains unspent
- Act as the central point of communication and liaison for business and technology & operations in the annual budgeting process and quarterly re-forecast
Manage Investment Approval process [IAAP]
- Build close partnership with Vendor Management group to manage software license profile and applicable market data and exchange charges
- Support ad-hoc partnership exercises with other areas within CM T&O, e.g. Engineering & Architecture, Risk & Controls, Strategy & Project Delivery
Models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology and interaction models.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
- Supports deployment activities, managing implementation issues to resolution.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Monitors technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions through automated systems and instrumentation across the environment.
- Provides inbound call assistance to end-users for application, technical, and IMACD needs leveraging the knowledge base and/or run books available.
- Collaborates and engages with the appropriate areas across the bank.
- Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
- Promotes adherence to standards and industry best practices.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the operational capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 10+ years of work experience in a technology & operations business management and/or BA/MBA in finance, math or business.
- Understanding of Business Management operating processes in support of Technology & Operations
- Knowledge of support and operations in a Capital Markets environment preferred
- Technical and/or business appreciation of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.