Requisition ID: 109662
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job:
The Director is responsible for leading the Data Governance strategy for Business Banking Credit Risk. This role is responsible for leading the data governance strategy, including managing processes to improve the quality of credit risk data, developing the plan for future enhancements, and compliance to regulatory requirements including RDARR and the BNS Data Office.
The Director, Data Governance will interface with all levels of the Business and Technology to proactively improve data quality establishing the standards, tools, processes, required. The incumbent will possess a broad knowledge base of governance best practices, business and technical data processes, interdependency between upstream and downstream consumers, and regulatory drivers. They will also possess strong project management capabilities required for successful delivery of enhancements. The Director will maintain a network of business partners to create a data governance culture in the organization. Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for developing and executing a Data Governance strategy.
- Develop a multi-year roadmap and objectives for continuing enhancement and maturity of the governance framework.
- Planning and implementation of initiatives and tools which most effectively enable data governance.
- Maintaining internal and external relationships to define best practices in the industry.
2. Lead the process for continuous improvement of Business Banking Credit data.
- Lead the life-cycle of data quality issues; identification, investigation, root cause analysis to prioritize and plan issue remediation.
- Develop and deliver a Data Quality Report/Dashboard to communicate key data quality issues and related data quality improvement projects and initiatives, and quantifiable business benefits of improving data quality.
- Work with data domain data stewards/custodians on analysis and resolution of data quality issues, escalate to the Data Office as per policy, and develop cross-domain solutions.
3. Responsible for compliance to data governance policies.
- Responsible for compliance to OSFI RDARR Principles, BNS Data Office Policies, and Business Banking Credit Data Standards.
- Complete annual self-assessments for data policies.
- Lead and influence changes to internal policies as a data governance subject matter expert.
4. Chair Data Governance Domain Working Group
- Coordinate schedule and agenda for the Data Domain Working Group to communicate issues, prioritize action plans, and provide updates on in-flight projects.
- Ensure that Domain Working group memebers have appropriate transparency of data quality issues.
- Ensure that executive have clear communications of data quality issues.
5. Lead a team of Data Governance experts.
- Lead and develop a team that has strong subject matter expertise in data governance.
- Build a high performance environment and people strategy that attracts, develops, and motivates their team.
- Must have a relevant and recognized degree
- 10 to 15 years of business industry work experience, including experience leading teams
- Thorough knowledge of data governance strategy, processes, and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of business banking / wholesale products and processes
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work with stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction
- Strong understanding of the data lifecycle in the business banking / wholesale domain
- Experience leading business and technical projects.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Database, Manager, Developer, Finance, Technology, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance