Requisition ID: 100758
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
- The Director, Business Planning and Analysis is a core member of the Insurance Canada leadership team, implementing best-in-class measurement and reporting and insights.
- The incumbent is responsible for MIS & Reporting, Customer & Campaign Analytics, and Financial Analysis & Portfolio Optimization. The incumbent is to leverage leading-edge advanced analytics and industry best practices to develop innovative data driven solutions to provide insight into business performance, monitor P/L and health of the business, drive campaigns, maximize profitability, and manage risk exposure within the Bank's credit risk appetite. The role requires supporting business partners/stakeholders on execution of strategic initiatives across the business.
- The incumbent will also be a trusted advisor to the leadership team and is a critical thinker with proven track record of contributing to successful business transformation and facilitating change. Close partnership with Finance teams across Insurance and Canadian Bank Finance teams to ensure analytical insights provided to explain shifts in financial results.
- The role requires broad strategic partnership with internal and external business
- partners including Omni-Channel Distribution teams, Growth Strategy, Product teams, Customer Experience & Operations team, Canadian Banking business lines and Insurers.
- Key success factors for this role include exceptional financial acumen to explain underlying reasons on variance to the P&Ls, translating data analytics into executable business solutions, strong team management experience and excellent communication skills.
• Mandate spans 3 Core Areas: MIS & Reporting, Campaign Analytics, and Financial Analytics & Portfolio Optimization (Strategic Impact Sizing)
• Reporting and analyzing data to measure key function performance indicators and drive alignment across Insurance Canada and Shared Functions.
• Lead the Profit Planning process for Insurance Canada business line, in conjunction with Finance, Actuaries and internal/external partners to drive accurate predictions and financial forecast trajectories, ensuring all reporting is in place for tracking and monitoring performance.
• Lead the strategic and business forecasting and planning process as well as support the group in providing leadership with analyses, tracking mechanisms and reports to understand the performance of the business and its growth potential.
• Conducting financial planning and aggregation of all reporting to align with finance processes; developing and monitoring trend reporting in conjunction with Actuarial team and CB Finance teams.
• Development and tracking costs and benefits as well as KPI's for operational and strategic initiatives; implementing operational performance measurement
• Combine business knowledge with predictive modeling, data mining and visual data techniques to enhance product selection and business value, and assist in the interpretation of results for use in decision making and strategic planning by the Sr. Leadership team.
• Reporting of key internal business metrics and P/L analyses with Finance
• Development and maintenance of required data infrastructures
• Collaborate with Operations and IT in order to align data infrastructures to Bank's overall vision, ensuring consistency and accuracy of data.
• Dashboard development, maintenance and tracking, industry benchmarking surveys
• Collect and analyze external market data to provide benchmarks for comparison purposes.
• Strategic analysis and quantification of growth and risk management opportunities
• Support business case measurement (pre and post project implementation)
• Continuous reporting of campaign results; support new campaign planning and design (incl. test and learn)
• Modelling development - predictive, as a critical input to acquisition, engagement and retention activities
• Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
• Leads Insurance Canada's analytics team to use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and identify new business opportunities
• Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Provide strategic analysis to the management teams and recommendations for improvements
• Interact with Data and analytics teams across the Bank to drive key strategic priorities and participate on special projects
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Through the use of analytics, maximize customer engagement with the Bank by optimizing insurance strategies that meet clients' needs and focusing on applying predictive and prescriptive analytics to measure and define marketing leads for up-selling and/or cross-selling treatments.
• Leverage insurance products to optimize retention rates, pricing and cross sell opportunities
• As required, leads all analytics initiatives relating to insurance setting clear goals and milestones, defining workstreams and ensuring cross-functional accountability against execution objectives.
• Utilizing sound business knowledge and consultative skills, to provide information, insights, and guidance to effectively drive and track business strategies, while identifying and addressing the financial impact of potential business decisions and strategic initiatives.
• Drive analytics projects, in support of the All-Bank Analytics Roadmap, and drive accelerated benefits for our customers. The Director ensures all strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Education and Other Requirements:
• Degree in Management Analytics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics or Business
• MBA (Finance or Marketing) - preferred
• Strong comprehension of product line P/L along with solid grasp on the major drivers of business success
• Ability to translate business problems, goals and constraints into analytical problems and drive solutions.
• Retail banking knowledge, strong analytics experience, and business knowledge of retail credit products/insurance products and drivers
• Ability to strategically prioritize based on changing business needs and is result-oriented
• Self-motivated, analytical, driven and impact-oriented
• Ability to facilitate people and teams to drive results
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, interpret results and communicate in simple, compelling ways. Ability to translate technical analytical models and outcomes into practical and impactful solutions
• Superior interpersonal skills, leadership and influencing capabilities on a multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication skills essential with clients, vendors and management
• Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, people management and relationship building skills
• Thinks strategically and takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies, through effective use of data, the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and advanced/expert use of BI tools/applications (SAS, SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
• Knowledge of Insurance line of business, and/or all Retail Credit Products (Credit Cards, Mortgages, Lines of Credit, Auto Loans, Personal Loans, Small Business, etc.)
• Previous business line and banking experience is highly desirable
• Strong leadership and ability to lead and influence teams
• Understanding of Bank's management information systems and their capabilities (PEGA, TLS, KS, RLP, etc.)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Retail Sales, Management, Finance, Technology, Retail
Management and Executive