All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
Digital & Payments:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
Digital & Payments is the fastest growing channel at TD with a global mandate and an enterprise-wide accountable for the strategy, customer experience and distribution of online and mobile products and services. The group's primary focus is to deliver safe, efficient and effective customer experiences that deepen customer relationships during each digital sales and service interaction.
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within Digital & Payments, and could be considered for any of the following areas:
- Digital Identity: The Digital Identity team at TD Digital Channels is focused on delivering Product Strategy and Management responsibilities as Digital Identity product owners for the Enterprise. Additionally, the team plays a critical role to developing internal use cases for TD by leveraging Digital Identity platform.
- Digital Customer Experience (DCX): The DCX team cares deeply about the digital customer experience. This team owns and manages TD's customer feedback program for Digital Channels. They analyze customer feedback on a daily basis; both manually and with advanced analytics tools to stay on top of prevalent and emerging trends, monitor health of our platforms across North America and escalate any urgent customer irritants accordingly.
- North American Public Sites (NAPS): The NAPS team works closely with our partners in Digital Customer Experience (DCX), Marketing, Technology, Digital Platforms and Capabilities, Product Groups, Legal and Risk as well as external Vendors to ensure we are building and enhancing our 'Digital Shopping Experience' to be best in class for our customers who choose TD for their banking, investing and insurance needs. The North American Public Sites includes some of the following websites: TD Canada Trust, TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Insurance, TD Commercial Banking, TD Direct Investing as well as our TD Corporate site.
TD is a leader in adoption and engagement via our mobile apps and Public Websites. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical analytical skills and contribute to driving our business leadership position. Moreover, they will have exposure to latest and greatest innovations across other industry verticals - outside of financial institutions - as we continue along our transformational path.
Typical job activities will include identifying and evaluating leading edge business and technological innovations in the FinTech and startup space. Co-ops will also act as champions of Digital fluency across the organization. We will provide you the necessary tools, resources and guidance to achieve both business and personal goals.
If you possess a passion for the digital landscape, an understanding of technology solutions and want to merge that knowledge with business strategy then this position is for you. Requirements
Additional Information Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Business, Business Technology Risk Management, Interactive Digital Media, Information Media and Technoculture, Digital Strategy & Communications Management, Mobile Business Technologies, or similar
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Conceptual thinker with proven analytical and problem-solving skills - ready to take on new challenges
- Can quickly grasp complex concepts and ideas and translate them into concise findings, recommendations and solutions
- Participate as part of a team with targeted deliverables, working on initiatives designed to improve processes, systems, and applications that support our key businesses.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision, establish priorities and complete assigned tasks on time
- Technologically savvy with a passion and natural inclination towards learning about emerging digital technologies, trends, ad impacts on customers
- Excellent communication ski lls with an ability to establish rapport with peers quickly and work together towards a common goal
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to develop effective presentations
- Comfortable and confident presenting to both small and larger groups in a clear and concise manner
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.