All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
Digital & Payments - Cross Platform Foundations:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
The Cross Platform Foundations team is responsible for delivering customer-facing mobile apps for the Canadian and US markets, as well as managing updates to EasyWeb online banking. Our critical role in both the mobile and online platform puts us in a unique position to develop the long-term strategic vision for Canadian Personal Banking. Platform analytics and competitive research play a key role in developing this vision. The team mandate also includes identification of capability gaps in the platform and developing innovative business cases with real-world solutions. On a tactical level, we collaborate with our partners in customer sentiment teams to prioritize platform defects and ensure a best-in-class user experience. Finally, we are the only group within Digital to actively engage with our Canadian and US mobile customers 1:1, via analysis and triage of user comments on the app stores. We leverage this communication channel to gather useful product feedback, while dispensing helpful advice and tips for navigating the app. Our growing team is the 'glue' that holds the platform together, collaborating with colleagues in Technology, Development, Quality Engineering, Incident Management, Delivery, Analytics, VOC (Voice of the Customer), Product Management, Marketing and various Lines of Business on a daily basis.
The team rests within the larger Digital & Payments group, which is the fastest growing channel at TD with a global mandate and an enterprise-wide accountability for the strategy, customer experience and distribution of online and mobile products and services. The group's primary focus is to deliver safe, efficient and effective customer experiences that deepen customer relationships during each digital sales and service interaction. Job Description
TD is a leader in adoption and engagement via our mobile apps, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical analytical skills and contribute to driving our business leadership position. Moreover, they will have exposure to latest and greatest innovations across other industry verticals - outside of financial institutions - as we continue along our transformational path.
Typical job activities will include identifying and evaluating leading edge business and technological innovations in the FinTech and startup space. Co-ops will also act as champions of mobile fluency across the organization. We will provide you the necessary tools, resources and guidance to achieve both business and personal goals.
If you possess a passion for the digital landscape, an understanding of technology solutions and want to merge that knowledge with business strategy then this position is for you. Requirements
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Business, Business Technology Management, Information Technology, or similar.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Assist with research in building out the digital platform strategy for Canadian Personal Banking
- Maintain competitive banking overview, highlighting market changes
- Review and manage app store content for the mobile app, guiding through writing and approval process
- Daily analysis of customer commentary on app stores, triage and recommend replies
- Work with technology groups to develop POCs (Proof-of-concept) applications
- Envision and execute projects to raise visibility of the team's mandate across Digital & Payments
- Support ad-hoc projects and initiatives, including research and development of business cases
- Develop trust and accountability with the team, by executing consistently on the above
- Acquire knowledge of digital strategy, product management and release tactics
- Uncover efficiencies and drive improvement in a highly matrixed organization
- Contribute meaningfully to projects in a supportive role
- Deep understanding of the business and marketing aspects of digital, while having a strong foundation in technology and mobile development (Swift and/or Java/React experience is an asset)
- Self-driven and motivated individual, able to operate autonomously in lieu of precise instructions
- Excellent work ethic, able to establish priorities and complete assigned tasks on time
- Technologically savvy with a passion and natural inclination towards learning about emerging digital technologies, trends and impacts to customers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with peers quickly and work together towards a common goal
- Inquisitive thinking, seeking to improve current methodologies and practices
- Comfortable working across multiple groups and partners, both internal and external
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, ability to develop effective presentations
- Comfortable and confident presenting to both small and larger groups in a clear and concise manner
- Detail-oriented, yet able to grasp new concepts and processes with a short ramp-up curve
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.