Requisition ID: 99660
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Digital Accessibility Specialist will champion inclusive design and accessibility across Digital Banking to envision and design accessible digital experiences and interactions for Scotiabank customers. They will provide technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination and support to agile Digital Banking teams with a focus on promoting, assessing and maintaining inclusive design and web accessibility principles and techniques in Scotiabank's digital products.
Contributes to the overall success of Digital Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Be recognized as an accessibility technical subject matter authority for user interface experiences, monitoring industry trends to identify best practices.
- Contribute to on-going guidelines for accessibility standards and requirements
- Identify opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers and positively impacting the user experience for users with disabilities and to drive the appropriate changes across the product lifecycle
- Implement and continually evolve accessibility development and testing processes, methodology, tools and criteria.
- Provide direction, training, expertise and feedback to build digital accessibility capacity within various teams across Digital Banking.
- Work with Digital Banking teams in a self-organized way to support agile working practice, to problem solve and to make things happen
- Engage thoughtfully, collaboratively and diplomatically with the engineering and business teams to identify the right support needed to drive accessibility efforts.
- Work closely with other accessibility, design and usability specialists within Scotiabank.
- Actively participate and contribute to the Design Community of Practice
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
What's in it for you?
- 3 - 5 years of practical web accessibility experience.
- Thorough understanding of front end technologies including limitations and constraints, as it relates to digital accessibility for mobile and responsive web applications.
- High Level of awareness of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility.
- Expert knowledge of accessibility standards and principles including the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Proven ability to provide accessibility solutions for designers, developers and testers.
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility testing techniques using automated and manual testing procedures.
- Expert knowledge of assistive technology including screen readers, print magnification software and alternative input systems.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the complexities and opportunities of accessibility and inclusive design to technical and non-technical audiences with various skillsets.
- Strong understanding of usability and user interface design principles.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology, Engineering