120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
TechnologyTechnology plays a vital role at BMO
. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Dev Ops Developer
will get an understanding of the core business processes, business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). You will conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Through your involvement in the team, you will understand the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
As a Dev Ops Developer
, here's what you will do:
- Recommend or automate approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Process automation using the Dev Ops tools and processes
- Develop the scripts and tools required to automate code builds and code delivery using the Dev Ops tools
- Use source control tools to coordinate project source code changes and builds
- Support the release team with the release management framework for Self Service Channels platforms
- Create the code branching framework for our Self Service Channels platforms
- Provisioning automation using tools to orchestrates application and configuration deployment
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities.
- Collaborate with the business team to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience
What makes you a great fit?
- 0-2 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or currently pursuing a B.Sc./B.Eng. in computer science, engineering, information systems or math
- Your knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Your knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- Your knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- You have a good understanding of functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Good collaboration and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
What technical skills do we look out for?
We're here to help
- Experience in designing and implementing a continuous delivery pipeline leveraging DevOps tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Artifactory, Ansible and Openshift
- Develop scripts for GIT and Ansible
- Knowledge and experience withunit test automation as well as regression test suite, build automation and deployment automation
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.