Requisition ID: 166183
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Notifications Services team in Scotia Digital to help us build the next gen of notifications capabilities for Scotiabank. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey building a critical new Digital Communications platform for the bank.
The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and developing complex, highly reliable and scalable enterprise systems on cloud infrastructure.
As a DevOps Engineer of the team, you will get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in different technology domains, and to enhance your technical skills.
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with a strong improvement-focused mindset, keen interest in cloud technologies, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you! Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Proficient in knowledge of technologies and processes like Agile Software Delivery, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, DevOps, GitOps, Cloud Native Technologies including Docker Containers and Kubernetes, and Deployment Automation & Orchestration.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes to ensure that Scotiabank is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (MS Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Assist/support developers troubleshooting efforts of applications in development environments. Timely resolution/investigation of deployments and development environments issues.
- Maintain and manage the non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
- Develop Jenkins CICD pipelines-as-code to run and maintain non-Production environments to ensure stability and uptime.
- Collaborating and providing guidance on DevOps best practices such as automation, code security, CI/CD(Azure Devops), logging and monitoring, alerting etc.
- Ensure operational and system documentation is created and maintained
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- University or College Degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of DevOps experience
- 4+ years of experience in Azure Devops within the cross-functional feature team to provide infrastructure expertise and support.
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Experience with industry best practices standards (ITIL, DevOps, CMMI and others)
- Strong development background
- Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline- Jenkins pipelines, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Bitbucket
- Competent in Version Control (Git/GitHub), Continuous Integration Tools (like Jenkins), Defect Management Tools (like Jira)
- Powershell, Bash Shell scripting, Maven/Gradle scripting, AIX/Linux, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Eclipse Platform, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services, Microservices, SpringBoot, Java 11
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques, including release and source code branching strategies
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in Automation & excellent documentation skills
- Expert administration skills in Linux server platform technologies, specifically RHEL
- Advanced knowledge in automating Linux platforms leveraging Bash
- Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc), security and optimization
- Azure-native Resilience (e.g., VM Availability Sets / Zones, Paired Regions, Storage Geo-Replication)
- Azure Subscriptions, Management Groups, and Policy-as-code;
- Azure Networking services (e.g., VNETs, Load Balancers, Content Delivery Network);
- Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., PowerShell, ARM, Azure Automation)
- Cloud Infrastructure logging and monitoring (cloud-native or 3rd-party vendor solutions like Splunk and Dyntrace)
- Traditional On-Premises Infrastructure technologies (e.g., virtualization, storage, networking).
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database (Cassandra)
- Familiar with software security tools like BlackDuck, Fortify and SonarQube
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Computer Science, Investment Banking, Open Source, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Information Technology Science