120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
#BMOBranchTechnology Technology plays a vital role at BMO
. Based on our enterprise technology vision, we lead the development and implementation of innovative and cost effective information technology strategies, multiyear investment plans, solutions and operational environments that support and enable BMO lines of business to meet defined strategies. This includes:
- Delivering solutions on time, on budget with engineered designs, quality, costs and operational readiness.
- Running an efficient and effective technology infrastructure and information technology operations which reduces ongoing costs and leverages common assets while delivering increased service level performance.
- Safeguarding our environments, data, intellectual property, and operating within our risk appetite.
The Dev Ops Developer
will get an understanding of the core business processes, business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). You will conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Through your involvement in the team, you will understand the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system.
As a Dev Ops Developer
, here's what you will do:
- Recommend or automate approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Process automation using the Dev Ops tools and processes
- Develop the scripts and tools required to automate code builds and code delivery using the Dev Ops tools
- Use source control tools to coordinate project source code changes and builds
- Support the release team with the release management framework for Self Service Channels platforms
- Create the code branching framework for our Self Service Channels platforms
- Provisioning automation using tools to orchestrates application and configuration deployment
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities.
- Collaborate with the business team to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience
What makes you a great fit?
- Typically, 3 to 5 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Proficient level of knowledge in domain.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
What technical skills do we look out for?
We're here to help
- Experience as Integration Engineer in different stages of SDLC (Software Development Process)
- Proficiency in Shell Scripting and Automation
- Experience automating with, Ansible, PowerShell, Bash, YAML, JSON or industry equivalent is a plus.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux Server platform
- Deep understanding of the middleware technologies (WebSphere, HAProxy, IBM HTTP Server, Oracle) and basic database technologies
- Proven experience with CC (Configuration Control) tools
- Implement DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation.
- Configure and deploy cyber security software stacks for highly available platforms in private and public cloud.
- Support CI/CD automation requirements for 24x7 key systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- System administration of on-prem virtual/cloud environments and dedicated self-hosted environments
- Support and development of tools supporting deployment, CI/CD and orchestration
- Work with development team to support, setup and configure environments
- Establish and maintain security practices for operation of our data center environments
- Establish and maintain internal operational processes
- Customer solution implementation and operational support
- Maintain and Support J2EE applications
- Documenting changes to hosted environments and deployment procedures
- Other development experience with languages like Python and Java is also an asset
- Experience with CMS platform (e.g. OpenText Vignette or equivalent) is an asset
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.