Device Lifecycle Specialist
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
The Device Lifecycle team is looking for a Device Lifecycle Analyst/Specialist that has real-world experience in complex network related troubleshooting and development of key performance indicators leveraging big data. A successful candidate will have a strong knowledge base in the device industry, landscape and future Connected Home technologies. Reporting to the Manager of Device Lifecycle, the successful candidate will have expert knowledge of Smart Home Devices: Home Networking Devices, Cable Modems and Gateways, IP Home Phone Products, "Internet of Things" within the home ecosystem. The candidate will also develop algorithms leveraging big data sources and play a critical role in the way device optimizations and measurability are performed. This position requires a forward thinker, is passionate about their work, can anticipate needs and has a desire to innovate.
- Development of new key performance indicators leveraging big data
- Build and maintain analytics dashboard for monitoring the performance of devices
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience with the device management platforms
- Lead technical evaluation of vendor products and provide recommendations to Business and Senior Management.
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting complex engineering level issues with customer provided equipment including issues with provisioning, functional, performance and security testing
- Support internal and external device related issues in production for new devices/services
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams for resolving device related issues
- Lead the rollout of enhancements and defect fixes with new device firmware
- Conduct problem analysis, problem reproduction, and work with vendors on resolution of technical issues to ensure timely delivery of funded projects
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior staff
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.Schedule:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent leadership, analytical techniques and problem-solving skills
- Advanced communication and strong collaboration skills, in order to interact with cross-functional teams and vendors
- Ability to express a passion for the organization's customers, stakeholders and peers
- Experience with analytic engines; Splunk, Azure/Power BI
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodologies and project management concepts (e.g. SAFe)
- Strong ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Expert knowledge in Connected Home/Smart Home technologies such as:
- wireless radio technologies
- wireless antenna concepts
- wireless network hardware and management software
- wireless network design, installation, configuration, optimization, troubleshooting and management
- wireless network standards and organization
- 802.11x network architecture
- wireless network security concepts
- wireless network equipment and roadmaps, including Wi-Fi routers, Wi-Fi mesh networks, access points and range extenders
- Knowledge of Smart Device ecosystem, including:
- Digital assistants (e.g. Amazon Echo, Google Home, etc)
- Home Security (e.g. Nest/Ring doorbells/cameras)
- Home Automation (e.g. Smart lightbulbs/plugs/switches, Ecobee/Nest thermostats, smoke alarms, water leak detectors, garage door controllers, etc.)
- Knowledge of fibre access technologies (i.e. GPON, EPON, xPON)
- Knowledge of DOCSIS standards, Wi-Fi technologies, SIP based VoIP protocols, IP Video, MoCA, etc.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols and standards (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee)
- Knowledge of device architecture, ecosystems and interoperability
- Knowledge in IP network concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, VPN, etc.
- Experience with Wi-Fi testing, test tools and diagnostics
- Experience with TR-069 testing and device diagnostics
- Experience with device certification tools and platforms (e.g. Octoscope, Ixia, etc.)
Full time Shift:
No Selection Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Engineering Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Brampton, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Testing, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network Security, Technology, Security
Engineering Information Technology