55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Development Specialist position with BMO Canada Digital Pre-approved mortgage application in digital banking. BMO Canada Digital Pre-approval for mortgage that enables new customer to digitally pre-approved for mortgage applications with BMO. You must have extensive experience in full-stack development -Angular v5+ and Java back-end development with microservice architecture integrating to AWS and Azure cloud services. This role will support short- and medium-term business and technology roadmaps for retail sales in retail banking to deliver self-service capabilities to BMO customers. It also focuses on the digital channels' technology roadmap, facilitating innovation and adoption of next-generation technologies. We collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, other ETO teams, and business technology stakeholders, connecting subject matter experts with business, information, domain and solution architects.
Your skills are broad - designing, developing and implementing application solutions to support mobile and online banking under the Channels Technology group. You will lead and collaborate to integrate code to create software solution that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy. Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data and risks (e.g., security). Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
As a qualified candidate, you will be part of the team driving BMO's Self-Services for retail online banking initiatives. As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights. Your Responsibilities
- Assesses and implements initiatives as required to deliver business objectives
- Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business for informed decision-making.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including infrastructure, operations, applications, vendors and leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate development, define requirements and timelines.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads/conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
- Supports production issues, includes independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
Required Core Skills:
- You are a self-starter, driven and can handle multiple projects and priorities.
- You are passionate about driving customer values with digital acceleration mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of latest tools and technologies to drive forward continuous improvement.
- You are actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders and are keen to work in a team in an Agile environment.
- As a member of this team, you should possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and or equivalent industry experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated strong programming skills and hands-on experience in full-stack development with mobile app development (Angular v5 & up, Cordova), mobile native features (push notification, notification centre, etc) and Java back-end development (SpringBoot, APIs, REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, Swagger, OpenAPI, Microservices architecture)
- Experience with Cloud services and DevOps concepts: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, BitBucket, Bamboo, Ansible, IaaS/PaaS technologies, etc.)
- Proven and demonstrable experience designing and implementing high volume, high availability applications with a very high degree of automation
- Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM setting - ability to manage multiple priorities; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-driven company.
We're here to help
- A critical thinker with strong analytics, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and mentor junior developers
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing