VIRTUAL59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
The role will be focused on SOAR playbook Development and enterprise security development. Will be responsible for leading a couple of initiatives across Fraud and Cyber and Physical Security.
- Provides technical expertise and oversight on SOAR and Enterprise Security.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology and interaction models.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Establishes deep relationships at all levels within IT and business units, to effectively collaborate in business strategy.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Participates in both internal and external regulatory inspections.
- Works with other operations personnel to develop and implement the counter-measures necessary to improve production and equipment reliability as well as the compliance posture of the team.
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
- Supports deployment activities, managing implementation issues to resolution.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Monitors technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions through automated systems and instrumentation across the environment.
- Collaborates and engages with the appropriate areas across the bank.
- Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
- Promotes adherence to standards and industry best practices.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the operational capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically 4-7 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Splunk and SOAR experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Linux highly desirable
- Cloud/AWS helpful
- Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Knowledge on Python programming is an asset
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.