YSC - 2 Sheppard Avenue East
Job Family Group:
The Application Software Developer is accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.Some Specific Functions of this Role:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
- Leads in development, testing and implementation of small to mid-size initiatives
- Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
- Provides support to team members and application
- Provides some support for production and non-production environments
- Solid analysis and programming experience with Object Oriented programming
- Solid understanding of SDLC and QA requirements
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving. Is able to manage multiple priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes.
- Self-starter, ability to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Good understanding of emerging technologies.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science
- Financial Services industry experience or related is an asset
- Ability to learn new technology and languages as needed.
We're here to help
- 1-3 years of work experience in IT or business environment is an asset.
- Experience with programming languages such as Node.js or Java
- Solid understanding of design and development of applications using Java, Node.js or similar technologies.
- Experience with API development using RESTful services and/or SOAP services.
- Solid knowledge of programming leveraging Cloud native technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Solid knowledge in AWS core integration stacks, including but not limited AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, AWS DynamoDB, AWS API Gateway, AWS Serverless stack, CDK, CloudFormation, AWS S3, AWS SNS, AWS SQS.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Any prior experience on AWS would be considered an asset.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.