WSP is currently seeking a Designer, Water & Wastewater to join our Water and Wastewater department, located at our Cornwall office. Reporting to the Director this position will be responsible for assisting a wide variety of water/wastewater pumping and treatment projects for public and private sector clients.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work under supervision of a project manager, engineer, or senior-level team member on a variety of projects
- Assists with the technical design of treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, odor control systems, water wells, and other water and wastewater facilities through the development of calculations, studies, technical specifications, drawings, and contract documents
- Preparation of technical memoranda, preliminary and detailed design reports, and other project related material
- Equipment selection and liaison with equipment suppliers and vendors
- Creation of project schedules and production of cost estimates
- Helps ensure deliverables are accurate and aligned to project purpose, standards, guidelines, and code requirements
- Assist with preparing presentation materials and proposals
- Perform shop drawings review and provide contract administration services during the construction of water/wastewater facilities
- Some field work and travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, Civil Engineering or other related field required)
- Bachelor's degree in water engineering or civil, chemical, biochemical or any other training deemed equivalent with specialization in water treatment
- 6 months to 3 years of water/wastewater relevant experience, gained from co-op, summer, previous work experience or studies in water/wastewater pumping or treatment
- Knowledge of water/wastewater design standards and regulations in Ontario is an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, Word, MS Project and other standard office software
- Strong detail-oriented work style, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written/verbal communication
- Team player, self-motivated, strong desire to take on new challenges, and a flexible and proactive attitude
- A valid Driver's license is an asset
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.