All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
Digital & Payments:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
Digital & Payments is the fastest growing channel at TD with a global mandate and an enterprise-wide accountable for the strategy, customer experience and distribution of online and mobile products and services. The group's primary focus is to deliver safe, efficient and effective customer experiences that deepen customer relationships during each digital sales and service interaction.
We have Digital & Payments Intern/Co-op opportunities, and could be considered for any, and not limited to, the following areas:
- Design Research/User Experience Research/User Research
- Behavioural Science/Judgement and Decision Making
As a TD Design Research Intern, you will be given the opportunity to support many phases of the design research process; all while learning about the ins and outs of corporate research and the multiple lines of business at TD.
A large part of your duties will involve managing the lab for the studies run in TD's in-house, state of the art research lab. As a lab manager, you will oversee operating various pieces of lab technology, handling participants, and collecting invaluable data through scribing and other processes. You will assist Senior Design Researchers with analyzing data collected in the lab or in the field to drive cutting-edge ideation and design within the bank.
Where possible, you will have opportunities to develop and practice your primary and secondary research skills as you assist in knowledge harvests, literature reviews, journey mapping and ethnographic studies; as well as user-experience, conceptual and co-design testing.Requirements
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in psychology, anthropology, industrial engineering, human factors, human-computer interaction or a related field
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term
- Lab management of the Design Research lab
- Recording/transcribing data
- Conducting literature reviews
- Presenting information to others (to the design team/business stakeholders)
- Assisting with data synthesis and report writing
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Experience with primary and secondary research methods
- Flexible thinker
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, graphical)
- Collaborates well with interdisciplinary teams
- Sensitive to broad customer demographics/needs
- Experience using Microsoft power point, excel and outlook
- A willingness to try new experiences and a love of learning
- Experience with primary research is an invaluable bonus
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence Sept 7 - Dec 23, 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.